PDA

View Full Version : Pecking Order

bookworm0550
01-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone know anything about pecking order? I have a feeling it's not in the order I bought my birds. I ask cuz it seems to me that Evolet is the dominating one. She'll punk Joey and Pan (more Pan than Joey) if they have something she wants or are in area she rather have to herself. does this have anything to do w/ pecking order or is this more about a bossy bird who knows what she wants?

And how can I tell? It's not like i have trees around my house so I can see who's hanging out on top. And they all fly to my head.

maya_exquisite
01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Pecking order definitely doesn't have to be the order in which you got your birds. It's personality!! And I think we all see that Evie has a VERY strong personality... AND she's a hen to boot!! If Pan turns out to be a female too, Evie may have the attitude of "I was here first and Joey is mine, beeyotch" towards her.

Mika has always been the "boss" between my two, even though they're both boys. BUT it's funny because I finally saw Kano asserting himself in this new year!! Even though they have two food bowls, Kano always wants to eat with Mika but Mika would hog the bowl. Well, several times now I've seen Kano squawk at Mika to move over and Mika does begrudgingly. Hehehe. My bf said it's about time. Hahaha!

lemonypickett
01-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Eddie was the boss of Jimmy at first, but as I see Jimmy eating more and more (he is really a pig! Luckily he LOVES vegies and eats tons of them) he seems to have gotten bigger and more assertive. He is also more comfortable with his surroundings which I think has made him more bold.

I still watch them closely because I know things could change in an instant.

I am starting to think that Jimmy is maybe a girl because I gave him a Qtip to play with and he does something totally different than Eddie with it. He seems to chew it back and forth like a corn on the cob, Or........ like shredding paper!

bookworm0550
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
lol lemony, did you get jimmy dna sexed? wow, a girl!!!!!! well, maybe.