PDA

View Full Version : Pan's morning

bookworm0550
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Feel so bad for pan. Plucked him for DNA testing. He ran and hid in his hut. Hope he'll be ok. So traumtized now

Pips mom
01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Awwww! I know you probably feel bad doing it.....I would too, which is why I won't! but you know.....lovies are strong little things, and I bet he'll forget all about it really quick and get back to his toys and having fun!

linda040899
01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Poor Pan. :( It'll be OK. Give him/her a bit of time and it will be back to exploration as usual! Sometimes what we have to do hurts us as much as it hurts them, maybe even more!

I never liked it when I had to give Miracle injections but, when I had to, there were no other options.

bookworm0550
01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I know... My boyfriend did it and he's mr tough guy, but he had to stop cuz he felt bad. It was hard to do that to pan. I hope pan will trust us. Poor thing

bookworm0550
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
sorry i couldn't type a lot earlier, i was on my itouch and i hate the small keyboards. yeah, pan had a rough morning. i left w/ him a large thing of millet to make him feel better. i've never seen my boyfriend so hesitant to do anything to a bird before. poor guy, he was all like, "i don't want to do this anymore, sorry Pan, mommy's the bad guy here." LOL.

So I guess we'll see if Pan is a boy or girl. We only managed 4 feathers out of the 6 they wanted. hopefully that will be enough cuz i don't want to go through that ordeal again.

maya_exquisite
01-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Aw!! Yeah, I don't think I could ever pluck feathers like that... I'd end up crying!! Haha!

StormyMom
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I was never able to do that to any of my birds :( The birdstore near me do it when they trim the nails (they cut on a little too short and get the blood that way). That way i dont look like the bad guy. :( Not sure if im going to do Stormy tho..i think ill just wait it out with him/her

lemonypickett
01-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Poor Pan. It is for his own health and well being that you know though, having the other birds and all.

You did the right thing... he'll forget.

Flip
01-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Poor Pan. I'm sure he'll forget all about it and be back to his normal self before you know it!

wilkiecoco
01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Poor Pan - hopefully after eating all that millet he will be in much more of a forgiving mood. Your boyfriend however, sounds like he might be traumatized for good!! :whistle:

you only did what you had to do for everybirdie's well being. he'll be over this before you know it! let us know when you get the results. :)

bookworm0550
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes of course :) I don't care what sex pan is. I'm gonna guess he's a boy. We'll see. Hopefully it's not inconclusive. I guess I'm a bit skeptical of how well feather plucking works. Watch pan is a girl. That joey will be one lucky man to live with 3 females