PDA

View Full Version : Will my bird remember me?

duff
08-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I got my lovebird when he was 1 month old and kept him until he was 3. I was his only regular human contact those 3 yrs and he became very attached to me. I had him out of the cage all the time and he fell asleep with me most nights. I moved across the country and had to leave him with my dad. He adapted well to life with my dad. I haven't seen him in a year, anyone think he will remember me?

bellarains
08-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Duff,

I honestly believe he will. It may take a day or two, but I do think he will. Please let us know how your reunion goes :)

Janie
08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Duff, I don't know for sure but I can tell you that I adopted an older lovie, about 7 or 8 years old when I got him and he DID remember his former owner when she came to visit, 6 months later. He snuggled right up to her, next to her neck. She was so surprised and said he'd never been so sweet before. I have no doubt that he loves me and my family but I also feel sure he remembers her and has fond memories of her.

kimsbirds
08-05-2005, 09:56 PM
I haven't seen Ben and Gerry since Christmas '04 and they came for a visit these past few days. They remembered me very welll :)

shylevon
08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
You might get a good nip on the finger for leaving him, but I think he will remember you after a day or two. If fact, I think he will be very happy to see you.

duff
08-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanx for the responses. I can't wait to see my little Odysseus. :D