PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do!

luluxoxo83
01-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Ya'll.

I am kind of stumped....

I would really like this doube flight cage because I can take out the devider....But its sooooo Long.
http://www.birdscomfort.com/doubleflight_bird_cage.html

Or I can get this one save the space but then I can not remove the devider....
http://www.birdscomfort.com/stack_flight_cage.html

Any advise......What should I do? What would you do?

lemonypickett
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
I like #2 better, as it takes up less room. If I had the space, the first one is better. My cockatiel breeder friend has #1, and she keeps like 6 cockatiels in each side. It is really big.

Do you know what sex the new guy is?

luluxoxo83
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Phoenix landing is assuming he is male since he is 3 1/2 and still no eggs, no nesting, no temperment and no tucking....But then again, you never know! As soon as I can afford it I will be dna sexing all of them! LuLu and Sky are doing great together and I'm hoping the same will happen with sunny and Phoenix.....If not I am keeping my other cages as well.

linda040899
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Cage #1 is actually the preferrable cage, if you have the space, and it has nothing to do with money.

Lovebirds fly horizontally and cage #1 will give them more room. What I don't like about cage #2 is the fact that the second cage (the lower one) is too far down. Lovebirds are not bottom dwellers in the wild and really don't like being that close to the floor. I have stacking cages in my main aviary and they are stacked 3 high. All of the bottom cages are empty because I don't like my lovies that far down. It would work well for Grass Keets, as they live in underbrush.

luluxoxo83
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Thats the problem with number 1....It's so long and I dont think I have the space. I would love number 1 though. I keep moving around my furniture to see if I can fit it in some where but still no luck. I have room in the kitchen but that is not safe, and I do not want them in any of the bedrooms because we have to keep all the bedroom doors closed because or else my 1 year old sone get into them; I dont want them to feel lonly in the bedroom. would it be bad for me to get number 2 even if they are out all day long? I usually open their cage dore at about 8am and I do not close it until about 7, they go in and out as they please. they are only in the cages to sleep!

luluxoxo83
01-31-2009, 07:30 PM
sorry for all the spelling errors above, I was typing fast and I forgot to check my spelling!

LauraO
02-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I looked at the same double flight cage, but came to the same conclusion it was too big. They have these single cages............. http://www.birdscomfort.com/flight_bird_cage.html

You could get two of them and be able to wheel them around and stuff. I know a bunch of people here on the board have them and love them. I have one for each of my meyer's parrots and they have a TON of room. So one per lovie pair is a great amount of space. You can look on Ebay and get these cages as low as 89.00 to 99.00 and some have free shipping.

:)

lemonypickett
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I have two of that one, and love them. I just can't use them right now. They are actually the exact same size as each side of the ones in #1. I think they are a little too tall, really. They only hang out in the top 50%.

luluxoxo83
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi ya'll I finally decided what cages to get and bought them. They arrived yesterday. I set them up and put all they babies in there. They love them. I will take pictures soon. Oh and I am so excited because I ordered 4 new toys, 2 of those long round perch thingies and 2 new swings. They will be all set. I ordered them from ebay; I paid $165 for both cages and stands. Each Cage is 30" by 18" by 36"High and the two Cages Put Together is 60" by 18" by 36" High. Here is a picture of them.

This one is not mine, I'll post images of mine once I get the new toys. This is the image from ebay.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/luvbug0883/0407_1.jpg

Flapjack
02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
As far as space saving, I like #2, but I'm with Linda...
I wouldn't want either bird to be so far down to the ground, watching our legs pass by all day.