PDA

View Full Version : hope and pray..........

jimpierce
02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Hope and pray Benji comes home with a clean bill of health tomorrow. He does in for his third and hopefully, final, recheck for his liver and spirochetes. Zoey gets her check up at the same time.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
02-03-2009, 02:03 AM
prays and warm fuzzies being sent benji's way!!

linda040899
02-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Prayers from Florida heading your way! Please let us know what happens.

elijahfan
02-03-2009, 04:50 AM
aww think of you hope they are both ok

michael
02-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Prayers for Benji and Zoey. And we're tossing in a few beak rubs and scritchies just for good measure...........:)

wilkiecoco
02-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way, hoping that Benji is is fully recovered. :)

bookworm0550
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
i hope benji will be doing great

jimpierce
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Benji's swelling has not gone down at all. With his blood work there is no elevated white blood cells so probably no bacteria.
The spirochetes are gone.
The "T" word was mentioned (tumor) but not thought of yet as being the problem.
I was given clavamox to give him as well as milk thistle to add to the lactulose.
Well at least Zoey's gram stain was fine. Hopefully her blood work is too. I have to be more diligent about giving her baths though. The one's she takes in her water bowl aren't enough.
I'm so worried about Benji.

Bubblelady
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh, no! I'm so sorry all is not well yet. I will keep Benji in my prayers. Hugs & healing thoughts to you and your flock.

Eliza
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Benji's a trooper, Jim and he's got lots of folks rooting for him.

((((HUGS)))),

-e-

wilkiecoco
02-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs Benji's way, hoping that he starts feeling better soon. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

linda040899
02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Jim,
Ask your vet about adding Lactobacillus and Prozyme to Benji's diet. Lactobacillus is good bacteria that will help break down the food that Benji eats. Prozyme is enzymes that will pre-digest food so that the liver doesn't have to work so hard. Along with the Lactulose and Milk Thistle, these 2 items should make a difference, although it will take a little bit of time.

I used this regimine with Ginger (CAG) when she was diagnosed with liver disease. It took about 3 months but Ginger is fine today.

jimpierce
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
the blood tests cam back and the bile acids are very high. That means it is a liver problem.
The current course of action is lactulose with milk thistle and the anti-biotic. I will also be continuing with aloe detox. He goes back in a couple weeks for a recheck.

jimpierce
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Benji seems to be in a little worse shape tonight then the last few days. I am so worried about the little guy.

Pips mom
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Awww, come on Benji! there has been so loss and sadness on here lately.......he just has to have a happy ending to this! All the best wishes to you and Benji!!! Stay strong!

Bubblelady
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
:( There is just too much illness/sadness here lately. Hugs to you and Benji. Hopefully it will be like with Buddy. Last May I was visiting her at AEC on a Saturday, thinking it was to say goodbye. Even Dr. Wells thought Buddy didn't have much of a chance. (Kidneys, not liver). And she's still with me :). Old, and not in the best shape, but beak grinds every night when I give her her goodnight snuggle! I am just thankful for every day.

bookworm0550
02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Jim,
Ask your vet about adding Lactobacillus and Prozyme to Benji's diet. Lactobacillus is good bacteria that will help break down the food that Benji eats. Prozyme is enzymes that will pre-digest food so that the liver doesn't have to work so hard. Along with the Lactulose and Milk Thistle, these 2 items should make a difference, although it will take a little bit of time.

Where do you guys even find these things???

I really hope Benji will be fine. give him kisses for me.

jimpierce
02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
right now I hope I don't freak him out by checking in on him!!

Chickobee
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Benji is not better. :pray: :grouphug: I hope you have better news soon.