PDA

View Full Version : beak running??

flowersolstice
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I have a tiny question to ask, if anyone knows what this means...

My lovebirds sometimes run their beak back and forth across the cage bars, like a prisoner runs his mug across the cell bars. Are they bored? they have loads of toys in their cage. They're out almost all of the time and they even do it when the cage is open.

If anyone knows what this means, let me know

Thanks

maya_exquisite
02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
They're probably trying to clean their beaks. That's what mine do after they've eaten.

dieflying
02-08-2009, 08:29 PM
mine too, peas and such dry on her beak and make her nuts. usually she scrapes it right off on the cage, which i then get to clean up. thanks birdy! :)

Gabe
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Payton usually waits to wipe her beak until she can get out and wipe it on my shoulder. :rofl: I've seen her do it on her cage bars, too.:wink:

flowersolstice
02-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Why didn't i think of that? lol Thanks for the replys :)

bbslovie
02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi, Bea does this also but I think it's to get my attention vs. running back and forth. For Bea it means let me out, I want to come out and play! :rofl:

Barb

Flapjack
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Jack does it too. For her it's to get attention. She does it on the cage bars, and she rubs her beak and forehead on my hand like a cat when she's feeling loving.

flowersolstice
02-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Jack does it too. For her it's to get attention. She does it on the cage bars, and she rubs her beak and forehead on my hand like a cat when she's feeling loving.

That's so sweet. my lovies are far from doing that just yet but the time will come :happy: