PDA

View Full Version : mellow gusgus.

LovelySydney
02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Gus truly is a mellow bird, compared to Luka at least. He is the same age she was when I got her but the difference is huge. Luka warmed up to me the day I got her (as we all remember) & I was carting her around and she was eating out of my hand, Gus prefers perching and watching. Although I noticed that when I eat, he eats, which I think is a good sign. He hasn't made a sound except he chirped once when I changed water this morning. I think he might just be settling in. This morning he would step up, this afternoon he decided he didn't want to do that anymore, lol. So he's started running from me, which is fine, it takes baby steps I know.

I'm just going to continue my lovebird routine which is sitting here, talking to it and playing some music real low. I figure one day he will come to check me out!!:blush:

MykL
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Baby Steps is right... It took several months to tame and train my little guy... Weeks of just sitting next to his open cage... until one day he came out on his own to explore... Don't rush these things, that is my only advice.