PDA

View Full Version : Tinker Tower Plans on Hold

Enko_chan
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
So the forewoman of the Tinker Tower is looking into new building materials, and wondering if anyone here may know the answer to a question that has boggled the minds of many Tinker Gym Architects...

Are the wooden, classic plastic, and 'girls' plastic all compatible? :confused:

I found a great deal on some girls' plastic Tinker Toys, and would love to snag them, so long as I will be able to add them to my present work-in-progress.

Wikipedia doesn't know... do you?

newloviemom
02-16-2009, 10:51 PM
I know the classic plastic are compatible with the pink plastic, but not sure if they are compatible with the wood.

jimpierce
02-17-2009, 12:40 AM
girls plastic? What the heck?

newloviemom
02-17-2009, 12:45 AM

yep Jim--they are pastel pink and other "girl" colors here is a pic...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3107663

don't you have some girl birds there who would like pink tinker toys?:rofl:

Enko_chan
02-17-2009, 08:07 AM

Yup. They are "gender specific colors"- not that I really believe in that stuff, but that's how they are/were advertised- This happens to be an unopened vintage can, cheap because there's a dent in the side of the can, but its sealed. Not that I've got any particular interest in the girls' ones, its just the opportunity to buy a 200 piece set that's unopened for a lot less than the 106-piece wooden set that is also for sale. I just want to make sure it will work with my classic wooded set-- and also that there aren't 50 building pieces and say, 150 pieces of something asinine that the toy companies think girls would rather play with than the ones that can be built!