PDA

View Full Version : we're getting there....

LovelySydney
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
We are still patiently awaiting Gus's sex results - we might have jumped the gun with a boy name! lol but at this point I don't think it's going to matter if he's a boy or a girl, he's a part of our family FOR SURE & I couldn't bear being without him. he's such a quiet, timid little guy and he just sits and watches us and hangs out. He chirps now if we leave a room and when we come back he's quiet - so we know he's chirping for us!! My bf & I both think he's a boy because he always sits with his feet soooo close together. I know this isn't a tell-tale sign for sure, but that's what we think!!:)

Today Gus was on his play gym and I started training him to let me touch his beak, using clicker training. The first few times he would open his beak but I was very persistent and now I can pet his beak without any hesitation on his part. I was amazed that it only took him 15 minutes to learn, but I believe that him trusting me played a big part in him learning. We will have to reenforce I'm sure, but we're getting there!

OMG & I promise I will post pictures soon - I've been trying to borrow a camera!!

michael
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Way to go Gus!.......:happy:.......Way to go fidparents!......:happy:...................:D

thebubbleking
02-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey i found a sure fire way to sex test them without dna!
It only works with lovebirds because sunshine is a bigot, but if you have a male sunshine will hang out with him and show him around etc if its a hen for sure sunshine will feed her and try to get his swishy on!
Works everytime!
lol

Bubblelady
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey i found a sure fire way to sex test them without dna!
It only works with lovebirds because sunshine is a bigot, but if you have a male sunshine will hang out with him and show him around etc if its a hen for sure sunshine will feed her and try to get his swishy on!
lol

So, how does hangin' out with the guys but wantin' to "get it on" with the girls make Sunshine a "bigot" :confused: Sounds like a pretty typical male to me :rofl:

michael
02-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Sounds like your typical gay lovebird suffering a slight gender complex................:)

luluxoxo83
02-21-2009, 08:38 PM
any results yet?

LovelySydney
02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
no LuLu no results yet!! It's killing me to wait!! We contacted the previous owner and she said the vet told her at the most 2 weeks and she said that yesterday was 2 weeks!! Our luck they lost the sample or something, lol. I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow, if not were just going to call.

cprcheetah
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
It's so hard to wait for the results. I just sent off my 6 babies blood for DNA'ing yesterday. Can't wait to see what they are and if my 'assumptions' are right...which I bet they are totally off base. The place I use emails you the prelims then sends out a certificate.