PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my girl... (dog)

Flapjack
02-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Took her for a biopsy on a very fast growing lump today. :very_sad:

Shenzi was a pound puppy. My husband got her for us for Christmas as a surprise. She was about 6 months old. Now she's 10 1/2, and the most incredible dog in the world. She says a few human words, knows all commands by voice and sign language, loves everyone, NEVER barks, and never has done ANYTHING bad. No exaggeration.

I can't tell you how much she means to me...

Here's a pic of her when Jack was a few weeks old...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/Flapjack_album/IMG_0773.jpg

She loves to play on the play structure...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/Flapjack_album/Shenzischool.jpg

Shenzi with my youngest son...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/Flapjack_album/Justin/IMG_0802.jpg

I won't know for a few days if it's cancer. The vet thinks she may be diabetic as well. Please keep my girl in your thoughts.

dieflying
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
that poor girl! i hate it when animals get old. :very_sad: the dog i grew up with recently passed away (after about 14 years i think it was) and he had the same problem with the lumps. he'd get them on his leg from time to time.

i'm thinking of your family tonight! prayers that your dog will be okay.

Pips mom
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Beautiful dog! same thing happened here too with the tumors when the black lab we had got old.....plus he was having siezures and eventually had to be put to sleep......he was the best dog! That is a great picture of your son and dog.....I'll be hoping for ya that she is ok!

kimsbirds
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Prayers coming your way for you, your family, and Shenzi!!!
Think positive thoughts....and hug her tight :grouphug1

LovelySydney
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I will pray for your little puppy! My chichi is like my CHILD, literally, so I know what you are going through. My thoughts are with you - think good thoughts, keep us posted.

Bella
02-24-2009, 05:30 AM
She's beautiful. All good wishes and prayers that it is not serious.

linda040899
02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
(((((((((((((((((Jeni)))))))))))))))))))))))
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way from FL! Once you know what's wrong, you will be able to make the best decisions for her.

michael
02-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Jeni. As is usually the diagnosis, most of these growths are found to be benign. Hopefully, this is the case with Shenzi. What a precious pooch she is. Just at a glance, you can tell she's very special. Prayers for Shenzi and her family.

wilkiecoco
02-24-2009, 08:32 AM
what a beautiful girl she is - I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, hoping that all turns out okay. ((((((((Jeni and Shenzi and family)))))))))

jimpierce
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
beautiful pup. I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Flip
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
She's gorgeous. I'm sending you positive thoughts. I'll light a candle for her tonight.

Flapjack
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank you for the kind words, everyone.

About six months ago, she developed a lump about the size of a golfball on her chest. At that time, they said it's probably a "fat pad"- some kind of fatty tumor, and to watch it.

However, over the course of the last couple of weeks, it has grown to a flattened softball size, and her shoulder joint is now involved. It happened so quickly.

They aren't so sure it's fatty anymore. It's very difficult to wait for news.

Enko_chan
02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
She's in our thoughts & prayers.

Hugggs!

luluxoxo83
02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Ohhhh Flapjack... I am so sorry. I am praying for you and your beautiful girl. Best of luck. We are here for you.

Janie
02-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Jeni, you can be sure that your beautiful girl will be in my thoughts. She is absolutely beautiful and hopefully you'll have much more time with you precious baby.

Flapjack
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks again for all the well wishes, everyone! Got the results...

Shenzi has a lipoma (sp?)- a fast growing but fatty tumor. Not cancerous :).

I'm so relieved. It is on her chest wall and is compromising her shoulder joint, and needs to be removed as soon as possible, before it causes too much pain.

Still $650, but not the $1000's it would cost for cancer treatment.

Not an easy thing, considering my husband has been out of work for nearly 6 months. I don't know where I'm going to come up with the money, but I'm so happy my baby girl doesn't have cancer.

Thanks again, you guys :blush:.

Enko_chan
02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm so relieved for you that it is not cancer.

I know just how you feel. We had 2 pet emergencies that called for big bucks this past six months, and since I had to "quit my day job" and stick with the fish business, things have been tight. Anything for the love of our companions!

Janie
02-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Jeni, what a huge relief! I am thrilled to hear this news. :)

Pips mom
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh that's great news! Alot of money, but ya know, you can always charge it and pay it off with payments......care credit is good, I used them for my oral surgery bills, and now just make the payments each month...they do vet bills too. However you do it, you will work it out! AND it's a better price to pay than losing her!

michael
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
:)............:pray:.............:)

LauraO
02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Jeni. I'm glad your doggy is mendable! I can relate to the money problem. Last year when Bumpy (our alexandrine) needed surgery we were having a really tough time financially and had a hard time coming up with th $1800 to fix her. We managed to make it work and it was worth all the trouble to still have her around.

You and your doggy are in all our thoughts and we are hoping she comes out of her surgey happy and healthy!

Flip
02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
What a relief. I'm glad she's going to be okay!

wilkiecoco
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
you must be sooo relieved - that's great news that it is treatable. :)do you know when she is going to have the surgery?

dani
02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
So glad to hear it's treatable!! I lost my 15 yr old doggie Pumpkin because of tumours, and she had to be put down a few years ago, so i know how scary it can be :(
I know firsthand how difficult the money can be, but I also know that we never do think twice about it when it comes to our animals...
Prayers for quick healing after the surgery.