PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

luluxoxo83
03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I need help! Sky has learned how to escape from his cage....every time I put him back he gets out:omg:......It's scary because it raining outside and my dog and cat are inside....they are locked in my room for now til I figure out what to do with Sky. What can I buy as to put on his cage doors? Would zip tie's work? A quick response would be greatly appreciated...I need to let my dog and cat out of my room at some point tonight!!! LOL.

dieflying
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
i have zip ties on my bird's cage on the doors i don't use (feeder doors, mostly) if you don't plan on opening them again, zip ties work great. i cut the ends really short and she doesn't seem to notice they're there, so she doesn't chew them.

as for doors you plan on using, how about a clip of some sort on the outside? clothes pin or something? :confused:

luluxoxo83
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
My cage has 2 large doors that he can not open...but inside those small doors there is a smaller door.... So I have the 2 small doors, plus 4 feeder doors, plus 2 breeder doors.... 8 DOORS IN ALL....thanks for the fast reply Dieflying! My dog, cat and I Thank you! and Sky is saying....Awwww maaaannnnn, so much for that! lol

dieflying
03-01-2009, 05:00 PM
holy cow! that's a TON of doors!

mine just has one really big door that opens sideways, it doesn't slide up and down so i'm safe there! then two feeder doors, and one small door that slides up and down. all three of the sliding doors i zip tied and, of course, the big swinging one has a sort of lock on it so she can't open it . . . phew!

linda040899
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Zip ties work great and can be cut to be removed if you ever want to use a particular door. I use those a lot myself. For doors that I need to open every day, I use belt loop clips, the kind of clips you use to attach key rings to belt loops on jeans or pants. Clothes pins can be chewed off. My lovies do it all the time!

Enko_chan
03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Zip ties work great and can be cut to be removed if you ever want to use a particular door. I use those a lot myself. For doors that I need to open every day, I use belt loop clips, the kind of clips you use to attach key rings to belt loops on jeans or pants. Clothes pins can be chewed off. My lovies do it all the time!

I was about to add that question to you Linda-

I know you'd said Freyja is an escape artist- so I was wondering what you use to keep her where she's supposed to be...

Flapjack
03-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I use little butterfly clips for hair on all my doors. Quick and easy.

For other things I don't use regularly, I found reusable zip ties at Home Depot. They have a little button you push so the grip can slide. Now I don't have to cut them all the time to get them off.

Angelic vampyre
03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
I use Breed Clips

brittbritt
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
WalMart carries little boxes of clips that are for paperwork. The same idea as a paperclip but it has two metal loops to squeeze it open and then a black clip to hold the paper together. I use them on the cage doors and to clip their treats and veggies to the cages. A box of them is under $1.

cprcheetah
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I have to zip tie or wire tie my budgies cages as Kira & Kai's, as Kira is a MASTER escape artist.

Z28Taxman
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Before I bought Ditto his big (escape proof) cage I used to use the clips that hang the toys in the cage. I just had to keep an eye on them and tighten them periodically because the little stinker learned how to unscrew them and would work at them non-stop when I wasn't looking. :omg:

Fortunately it would take him long enough to work them with his little beak that he couldn't remove them before I could tighten them again. :whistle:

nacho135
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I use the belt loop clips like Linda said she used. Its worked so far, my bird hasnt gotten out although hes showing alot more interest in escaping lately!