PDA

View Full Version : My name is Cindy

newloviemom
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
My name is Cindy and I'm a sniffaholic, and i admit I have once again been burying my nose in Zoe's chest and huffing her feathers :whistle::happy::whistle:...I just can't help myself!!:evil::happy::evil:
My first step is to admit I am powerless over this little green puff of feathers:omg:

linda040899
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
My name is Linda and I'm also a sniffaholic! However, my addiction isn't just to the feathers of one parrot. It's to my entire flock! :whistle: They all smell so nice that it's impossible not to enjoy that lovely scent.......

Pips mom
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Ohhh, gotta love that "birdie" smell! I always loved smell of my tiels, their feathers have that birdie smell! but Ivy has that musky Pi smell.....they just smell so cute!

Jally
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh, me too! My name is Sherry and I am also a sniffaholic. My first sniffee was my lovebird and I have increased my addiction to include my linnie, too. I'd sniff my suns if I didn't think that they'd bite my nose off! I don't sniff my tiel either because she makes me sneeze!

Enko_chan
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I am Kristi and I am a sniffaholic... in fact, I have a Freyja bird with me now, and she was sniffed only moments before reading this thread... scout's honor... BUUUT... when I just had my fun with them both, I warned Odinn that as soon as he gets a leeetle bit more used to me... he is getting sniffed!

Flapjack
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Lol- Hi everyone, my name is Jeni, and I'm a sniffaholic.

My family thinks I'm NUTS!

StormyMom
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
My name is Jani, and im also a sniffaholic. I cant get enough of that lovie smell! Ive even moved to the harder stuff like a Goffins Cockatoo! But sometimes the powder from his feathers get all over my nose and makes it too obvious! LOL

newloviemom
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
My name is Jani, and im also a sniffaholic. I cant get enough of that lovie smell! Ive even moved to the harder stuff like a Goffins Cockatoo! But sometimes the powder from his feathers get all over my nose and makes it too obvious! LOL

ROFL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are too funny!!! A Goffins....Now that is some hard core sniffing!!!!!

and Linda...the WHOLE FLOCK!!!???? now that has got to be like turning a kid loose in a candy store--oh my--what fun!!!! how do you decide who to sniff first!!!!!

if we could only bottle the smell and the feeling of warm soft feathers and birdy bodies--we could be rich!!! there is nothing else like it in the world.
I'll bet nobody can guess what I was doing when I started this thread:whistle:

newloviemom
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I am so glad to know there are many other sniffaholics out there!! Well, they do say that birds of a feather flock together--I guess that would be all of us:) What is it about that smell and that warm soft little body that just grabs you and doesn't let go!!

Ok--I have another confession too...after my shih tzu Roxy has had a bath, I love to bury my nose in her soft little body and sniff too!!!:omg::omg::omg:

You have all put a smile on my face today...after all of the loss we have had here, it is time to have some fun again!!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((everybirdy))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))
Cindy & Zoe

lemonypickett
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
My name is Laura, and I am a sniffaholic. Eddie mostly, but I must admit I am addicted to the powdery baby smell of a cockatiel.

Eddie smells different each day, depends on what he eats I think. ;)

Glad I am not alone!

I just found out tonight that the bosses at work put a keylogger on the public work computer. I :blush: when I think about what will be discussed during the meeting of their findings about my internet posts! Non-bird people just don't understand.

Enko_chan
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
UPDATE: Odinn has been... SNIFFED!

wilkiecoco
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Buy A Paper Doll
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I, too, am a sniffaholic.

I have Freyja's sister Lily, who is flipped over on her back and sniffed regularly. And Milo - oh, he makes his momma swoon, what with that soft violet belly and that cute corn chip breath. :happy:

thebubbleking
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Lol i love it to even better when they just took a bath..mmmm wet feathers!
All of my flock smell different even the lovebirds smell a litle different from each other lol...not the dirty birdcage smell i could do without lol

michael
03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Who me?......A sniffaholic?.....No way!....Not a chance!....Don't even go there!.....I'm innocent I tell ya!.....Who in there right mind would ever want to sniff a parrot anyways?.......Let alone a wet one!..........:whistle:

linda040899
03-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Do we have a closet sniffaholic here?????? :rotfl

newloviemom
03-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Who me?......A sniffaholic?.....No way!....Not a chance!....Don't even go there!.....I'm innocent I tell ya!.....Who in there right mind would ever want to sniff a parrot anyways?.......Let alone a wet one!..........:whistle:

Remember step one Michael....ADMIT, ADMIT, ADMIT!!!!!!!:rofl:

newloviemom
03-12-2009, 04:07 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy:
Way to go Odinn!!!!!!!

Chickobee
03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi; My name is Linda and I am a sniffaholic.

It started with only two small lovebirds...

Soon I was needing more and I was up to five lovebirds a day.

Then, I hate to admit this, :blush: it became a consuming obsession and I had to have five more.

I have found that I also love them, both dry and wet. (I know. It's awful to admit that I even like wet birdies! :blush:)

Then things got really out of control for me when my birdies had 18 babies last summer.

I have to admit that I am a closet bird sniffer. None of my coworkers are aware of my addiction. I hide it very well, although some may suspect if they are also closet bird sniffers themselves. They would recognize the signs--bird pictures on my computer monitor, always wanting to talk about my fids. Maybe they know but they just don't say anything...?

It's so nice to be a member of this forum where there are other people like me who understand. (Sob...) :blush:

Thank you for listening.

Albino
03-12-2009, 09:07 AM
By reading all about you all. I went and i started sniffing my honey !! so awesome !!

newloviemom
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi; My name is Linda and I am a sniffaholic.

It started with only two small lovebirds...

Soon I was needing more and I was up to five lovebirds a day.

Then, I hate to admit this, :blush: it became a consuming obsession and I had to have five more.

I have found that I also love them, both dry and wet. (I know. It's awful to admit that I even like wet birdies! :blush:)

Then things got really out of control for me when my birdies had 18 babies last summer.

I have to admit that I am a closet bird sniffer. None of my coworkers are aware of my addiction. I hide it very well, although some may suspect if they are also closet bird sniffers themselves. They would recognize the signs--bird pictures on my computer monitor, always wanting to talk about my fids. Maybe they know but they just don't say anything...?

It's so nice to be a member of this forum where there are other people like me who understand. (Sob...) :blush:

Thank you for listening.

Linda--I know it is hard to come out of the closet and share your story, but thank you for showing just how quickly this behavior can spread out of control, and soon you can't just sniff one.:rofl: We must make sure to warn others of what can happen when you take that first sniff, and how wonderful it is!!!:happy::happy::happy: Just remember, here is a place where you are not alone...we are all right there with you!! (((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))))))
Thank you again for sharing your story...btw what happened to all of the babies??

newloviemom
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
By reading all about you all. I went and i started sniffing my honey !! so awesome !!

Uh ohhhhhh--now look what we've gone and done...we've created another sniffaholic:omg: Just be warned, albino...once you start sniffing, you cannot quit!! It is one of the most addictive behaviors known to bird and mankind!!

Enko_chan
03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I, too, am a sniffaholic.

I have Freyja's sister Lily, who is flipped over on her back and sniffed regularly. And Milo - oh, he makes his momma swoon, what with that soft violet belly and that cute corn chip breath. :happy:

When I opened up this thread, Freyja went for your avatar. I've never seen a bird actually GO FOR the computer... and then Odinn did the same thing to another photo of a lovebird on here, though one I'm certain is not a long lost sister...

Z28Taxman
03-12-2009, 05:47 PM
I will admit nothing! :whistle:

Pips mom
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Ohhhh, you guys!!!! You don't even know.....Pip doesn't even have a birdie smell to him....the tiels do some, but how many have had a pionus to sniff??? They give off that musky birdie smell.....
http://www.aviannetwork.com/pionus/
On the bottom there you will see this sentence........
. In another similarity to Amazons, pionus have a noticeable sweet, musky odor about them that most owners find quite endearing.
NOoooobody knows what true sniffing is until they have sniffed a Pi!

Enko_chan
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Ohhhh, you guys!!!! You don't even know.....Pip doesn't even have a birdie smell to him....the tiels do some, but how many have had a pionus to sniff??? They give off that musky birdie smell.....
http://www.aviannetwork.com/pionus/
On the bottom there you will see this sentence........
. In another similarity to Amazons, pionus have a noticeable sweet, musky odor about them that most owners find quite endearing.
NOoooobody knows what true sniffing is until they have sniffed a Pi!

You have seriously piqued my interest in Pionus. The bird-smell equivalent of freebasing.

Seriously, though, they sound like wonderful birds. Perhaps we'll add one to our fantasy family. I suppose a Pi could take the place of a Hyacinth Macaw since I may never actually be able to afford one in my lifetime, and if I ever CAN afford a HM, I'll certainly have room for ONE more bird!

Buy A Paper Doll
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
When I opened up this thread, Freyja went for your avatar. I've never seen a bird actually GO FOR the computer... and then Odinn did the same thing to another photo of a lovebird on here, though one I'm certain is not a long lost sister...

That's actually an older photo in my avatar, and the yellow bird in that picture is Melody, Milo's first love, when she was a baby.

But you know what, Freyja met Milo :whistle: the day that we went to pick up Lily. Perhaps she remembers. :)

Pips mom
03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Pionus are really great birds! I knew for some time that this was the kind of bird I wanted. I had the plan to add one to the flock here and knew this would probably be my last addition. I found that not only are pionus harder to come by in this area of the country, but that they are also more expensive! I found a breeder up in Vermont, waited and waited and his pair never had babies. Then I found out there were two blueheaded pionus babies at a pet store that raises baby birds over in NY.....my sister got her quaker there and they have a good reputation, but also have high prices! They were selling those two babies for $825 each! yikes! kinda high.....I was tempted though! Then I posted something on my other bird forum about it, and out of the blue this woman posted that she had a ten month old female blueheaded pionus that she was re-homing......we dropped everything the very next day and drove 2 1/2 hours to go get Ivy!
Ivy is very affectionate and cuddly.....which is not how Pi's usually are described. She gets along well with other birds, and overall she really isn't too noisey, but boy can she make a racket when she wants to! usually once a day she'll get loud for a little bit. She is a very good bird.....a little demanding....wants attention and doesn't like it sometimes when I leave the room! She is one of those one person birds.....only wants me, but she's gotten alot better with my boyfriend and still improving on that. She is terrified of strangers coming in the house! but from I see, I think that may be more her personality than how pionus tend to be, although Pi's do tend to be a little timid or shy. I just love their eyes.....big brown puppy dog eyes...so cute! Also pionus I think tend to be good eaters.....Ivy will eat ANYthing! such a little pig! She was stealing the cockatiel's dandelion greens through the cage bars!
Anyway, I could go on and on......I am very happy with my choice of getting a pionus.....Ivy is a sweet girl, oh and she does not bite! she will bite softly when she plays......very gentle though, I trust her with her beak in my face and I even taught her to give me kisses! So, if you want a pionus, it will be a search to find one probably.....I don't think many people give them up, and there few breeders of them around here.
Good sniffing though, for sure! Pi's are definitely the best birds for sniffing! :rofl:

Enko_chan
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
That's actually an older photo in my avatar, and the yellow bird in that picture is Melody, Milo's first love, when she was a baby.

But you know what, Freyja met Milo :whistle: the day that we went to pick up Lily. Perhaps she remembers. :)

I thought her eyes looked too dark to be Lily... but that it could have just been the photo. I know that Lily is lighter than Freyja and its a head shot, but that was the first photo she went for. Now its a fairly regular thing, though they don't actually HIT the screen like the first time each of them tried.

You know... I nearly named Freyja "Sayuri", which means Lily in Japanese. Chris didn't want to use Japanese names for these guys though. He didn't want to use Norse names either. So, we'd settled on Jonquil for a few days-- at which point Chris no longer seemed excited about her coming home, and as it turned out, he'd secretly wanted to name her Freyja, but was conflicted over whether or not to avoid Norse & Japanese names. We both liked and agreed upon Freyja. Problem solved, and the date was quickly and happily set for their homecoming!

newloviemom
03-13-2009, 01:16 AM
I will admit nothing! :whistle:

That's ok--we have already heard from Ditto...he is quite worried about your little habit:whistle:
but he loves that he has that power over you!!:whistle:

cp.lovebird
03-15-2009, 12:53 PM
My name is Christine and I am a sniffaholic. I am so glad that I am no longer alone with my habit. It is so good to be able to talk about this. I only got into sniffing recently when I got Ducky - Squeaky and Blue Meanie were not cuddly enough to sniff. But now I am getting hooked. I am afraid that it will lead to more bird sniffing and I don't think I have any more room here for more bird cages! It is good that I have people's support who understand.

I told my husband about this thread and he said "I don't understand that crap sweetie!" :rofl::rotfl

Albino
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Uh ohhhhhh--now look what we've gone and done...we've created another sniffaholic:omg: Just be warned, albino...once you start sniffing, you cannot quit!! It is one of the most addictive behaviors known to bird and mankind!!

OMG !! What is this?? Every now and then I bury my nose into Honey's feathers and I'm lucky that she does'nt bites my face just my hand.

My niece gets a question mark on her face when ever she sees me closed eyes and sniffing my lovie, she is 18 months old and yesterday when i kept Honey on her hand she started smelling her, I was like this :omg:
And now what am I suppose to say to my brother if he saw his daughter smelling Honey :whistle:

newloviemom
03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I told my husband about this thread and he said "I don't understand that crap sweetie!" :rofl::rotfl

Poor guy--oh the fun he is missing out on!!

newloviemom
03-15-2009, 10:47 PM
OMG !! What is this?? Every now and then I bury my nose into Honey's feathers and I'm lucky that she does'nt bites my face just my hand.

My niece gets a question mark on her face when ever she sees me closed eyes and sniffing my lovie, she is 18 months old and yesterday when i kept Honey on her hand she started smelling her, I was like this :omg:
And now what am I suppose to say to my brother if he saw his daughter smelling Honey :whistle:

You are definitely starting your niece out quite young!! But just look at all the years of sniffing lovies she has ahead of her!!:rofl:

Enko_chan
03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Chris is a sniffaholic, too. He wanted me to tell you all.

newloviemom
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Chris is a sniffaholic, too. He wanted me to tell you all.

LOL!!!! Welcome Chris!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Chickobee
03-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Linda--I know it is hard to come out of the closet and share your story, but thank you for showing just how quickly this behavior can spread out of control, and soon you can't just sniff one. We must make sure to warn others of what can happen when you take that first sniff, and how wonderful it is!!! Just remember, here is a place where you are not alone...we are all right there with you!! (((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))))))
Thank you again for sharing your story...btw what happened to all of the babies??

Hi Cindy;
Last fall my dad and my mother-in-law were both really sick so I didn't get the babies sold when they weaned. Now I am selling them and it is way harder because I am so attached to all of them and they are all so tame. I am down to 21 birds from 28, and this weekend I am delivering two more, and maybe three. I still need to get down a bit more but it is really hard now. I want to keep some of the babies who have paired up, but if I do I may need to let go of one or even two of my adult pairs... I'd love to keep all of them but that just isn't possible.

I'm a true sniffaholic for sure, huh?

newloviemom
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm a true sniffaholic for sure, huh?

Yup--I think you are hopelessly hooked...no help for you anymore--the only thing you can do now is just enjoy them and sniff away!!:happy::happy::happy: