PDA

View Full Version : Breeders? - Northern Illinois?

YOLEY
03-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Hello - Looking to adopt two lovies for my elderly mother. What do I need to do to find a breeder or available birds?

Enko_chan
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
there are some sites where you can find breeders- My birds are from Linda who runs this board, though she is not in your area, my birds were shipped.

there are lists of breeders by area on the birdsnways website, and there's kijiji, hoobly and other classifieds sites. I'm not sure what your background is, how much you know about birds, but you may want to peruse this forum and see what to look for in a breeder and what kinds of questions to ask.

YOLEY
03-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Hello - Thank you for the response.
I know basic how-to's but my mother is much more hands-on and familiar... I'm here to love them and she knows the details.
I don't know how my mother feels about shipping them but I know she wanted a local breeder so she could go and talk to them and see how the birds are raised .... I'm sure she'd also like to make a friend or two :)
Mother has actually written down a list of questions she has. My mother is elderly and is w/o computer access but I'll be passing info and print things to her as they come up.

Again - Thanks

Eliza
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I just suggested this in another thread: birdbreeders.com. You can search by species and state.

Definitely post any questions that your mother might have here -- I'm sure that everyone would be willing to help :)