PDA

View Full Version : i almost got another bird today

bookworm0550
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
one of my coworkers told me that she saw a fischer's lovebird at a pet store around town. Wow. I've always wanted a fischer's but they are so hard for me to find. So I thought about it all day and went w/ her to pet store after work.

I was disappointed, yet relieved the Fischer's was bought today. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to call and ask about him. Oh well. I'm sure my bf is relieved. There was a sad looking masked lovie. He was so lonely looking :( I thought about it, but I decided not to...or at least not today.

Everyone at work was talking about this Fischer's today. They already started calling him my bird and even named him Zazu after the bird in The Lion King.
oh well. I know there will be another bird in my life someday soon.

StormyMom
04-04-2009, 05:26 PM
The breeder i got Lizzy from, Lizzy was his last batch of peach faced, he told me he was moving onto Fischers. I havent even looked them up to see what they look like yet. I originally wanted a masked lovie (dont know the mutation but i know what it looks like) but i couldnt find ANY

bookworm0550
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah, i can't find any fischers around here. the breeder i got my trio from had fischers breeders, but she has since sold them :( oh well. i'm happy with my three naughty fids.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
i haven't seen any fischers at the pet shop here in a long time. I actually hadn't seen any pieds until i got my sunny, but now they seem to have a run. There was a really yellow yellow green one last time i went, one that looked like sunny, a potential sea green, and a normal peachy....

My dad was soo tempted by the normal peachy, but my mom has said that Hina is to be an only bird bc she's so grumpy it wouldn't be fair to the new bird.

LovelySydney
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
My Gus is half fischers half peachfaced. His beak is starting to get red and his green coloring very bright - I think he is starting to molt? Fischers are beautiful birds, sorry you couldnt get one! You will definitely complete (probably not complete, lol) your rainbow soon!!!

Oh birds, like tattoos, addicting!! (at least for me!)

bookworm0550
04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
lol, yeah, tattoos and birds, i agree too. can't stop at one :)

Eliza
04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh, I'd LOVE a normal Fischer's lovebird! I used to see them quite frequently at area pet shops around the time I got Beetle. I can't remember the last time that I saw a lovebird in a pet shop in the last two years now, with the exception of hand-raised peachies at the parrots-only shops.

Bookworm, you'll know when the time is right to add to your flock :)