PDA

View Full Version : A bird fair!!!!!

LovelySydney
04-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I just had to post this because I am excited - I just found out there is a bird fair in grand rapids April 25th, I'm so excited!!!! I'm going to get another bird! (haha just kidding.........maybe)

What exactly goes on at bird fairs? Can I bring my birds?!!:blush:

I'm totally dragging the boyfriend along:rotfl

Tango's_Mom
04-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't recommend bringing your birds, as they could be exposed to any number of things while there, and it could be very stressful. I would also suggest changing your clothes and showering immediately when you get home to avoid transferring anything from the unknown birds at the fair to your fids. Also disinfect any toys etc. that you buy before giving them to your fids.

Otherwise, Have fun

LovelySydney
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
You know, tangos mom, I didn't think of that. How is it that people have so many birds at these things but there is such a high risk of potential illness traveling from bird to bird? I kow quarantine is so important so I guess having all these birds in one place doesn't seem very safe to me. Does everyone have to have proof that their birds are healthy before they are allowed to bring them into a place like this?

linda040899
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Can I bring my birds?!!
Absolutely not!!!

There is normally no requirement that vendors submit proof that all the birds they have with them are healthy and the percentage that are not is higher than you would expect. When I was going to shows, I would request my table be between vendors selling supplies, as that put space between me and other birds. What I didn't sell at the show went into quarantine for 30 days. My strategy must have been successful, as I never had any of my own birds get sick. Not everyone has that kind of luck, however.

Best not to take a chance.

Pips mom
04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Ohhh, you are too funny! SEee??? I told you if you looked around you might find one not too far away! and I would NEVER bring my birds there! There are just too many birds and too many chances to expose them to becoming sick. At the one I just went to, I was happy to see that all of the birds there seemed happy, full of energy and all looked healthy.....still, you never know. I wouldn't even consider getting a bird from a bird fair, only the people with the lovie I want have a good reputation and their table at the expo was quite far from the other vendors with birds.

LovelySydney
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Yea I'm definitely not going to be bringing my birds. I think I just wanted to show them off, lol. I think Gus would go crazy with his calls anyway, people would make me leave!!

I am VERY excited to go, and even the boyfriend said he will go! Yes!

nacho135
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
im going to be going to my first bird fair in 2 weeks! Im so excited also :) Have fun at yours!!

Pips mom
04-09-2009, 09:46 PM
What exactly goes on at bird fairs?
Mostly people just sell bird stuff....and birds! Alot of stuff....alot of different birds. Make sure you bring your cash or checkbook! :rofl::D

LovelySydney
04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I know I need to be prepared to spend some money!! = )

lemonypickett
04-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I had great fun at the fair. And got to meet Pipsmom in person!

Always neat to see someone you talk to on line. I did leave quite a bit poorer though. lol

We saw a pair of blue mutation Rosellas that were soooo gorgeous they didn't look real!