PDA

View Full Version : oh no, every birdy's hormones are kicking in!!!

bookworm0550
04-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I meant to write about this, but it took a backseat to the exterminator issue.

Anyway, Evie has been doing her mating clicks and spreading her wings every now and then. And now Pan is too. Pan and Evie were preening and feeding each other last night and all of a sudden, Pan started to click for her. LOL, he tried to mount her head. She obviously didn't like it. Then Pan tried to mount Joey as well, again, his head.

well, now, hormones have officially arrived. my babies are growing up :very_sad:

Z28Taxman
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Ditto is on a different schedule. He usually gets going right around new years and is calming down now.

LovelySydney
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
How old are your birds bookworm? I'm wondering when I can expect this 'hormone change'....Gus being around 5-6 months, and Oslo being already 2, is there a certain time of the year this happens? Or age?

bookworm0550
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
as of this month, joey's 9 months, Evie's 7 months, and pan's 6 months. i dont think they know what they are doing though. i think they're doing what's natural to them w/o knowing exactly why or what. cuz it's not a constant thing that they seek out. joey's more often though. he's the one who's masturbating whereas the other two aren't.

bookworm0550
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
i dont know if it's the weather as well.

momo
04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Elmo started her hormonalness at around the 9/10 month mark. She had been regurgitating to her reflection on my glass cabinet a few months prior to that.. but it wasn't until the 9/10ish mark where she started to spread her wings to me.