PDA

View Full Version : Is she sick??

StormyMom
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I didnt really want to post this in the 911 section being that shes not limp or anything. But here goes

Today all was fine. I had the lovies out playing with me all morning. All of a sudden, i look at Lizzy, and her nose is wet..both nostrils. So im like uh oh, i heard thats really not good with birds. So as im looking at her, Eric goes, whats wrong with her nose? Im like thats what im trying to figure out. At first I thought it was blood because of her color, but after toweling her and wiping it, it was clear.

Since ive wiped it i havent seen it come back..yet. Shes acting fine, eating, drinking normal. Right now shes preening on my shoulder and still being bossy and fiesty as ever. What do you guys think?? Id call a vet but unfortunately theyre all closed being that its Easter. Oh and another thing, her last 2 poos were kind of watery

HaleBoppPeachyluv
04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
i've seen sunny with wet nares earlier this week, and then she goes back to her happy self. i make sure she has a warm spot & is out of a breeze & just watch her.

keep an eye on her poops & if she seems worse, definitely take her to the vet. sometimes it's just that the nose is irritated or dry.

wilkiecoco
04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
kiwi has had wet nares a couple of times. i took him to the vet the first time - she told me it their way to clear their nostrils. the signs to watch out for are if it happens repeatedly, if the discharge is sticky, which lizzy's isn't, if they are listless, and if they sneeze continuously. . i would keep an eye on lizzy, and if you aren't sure, maybe take her in to see a vet. :)

LovelySydney
04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I hope Lizzy feels better soon! just keep an eye on her - if it keeps up for a few days I would take her to the vet but I think she's just being a bird and keeping her airways clear!!

StormyMom
04-12-2009, 09:21 PM
kiwi has had wet nares a couple of times. i took him to the vet the first time - she told me it their way to clear their nostrils. the signs to watch out for are if it happens repeatedly, if the discharge is sticky, which lizzy's isn't, if they are listless, and if they sneeze continuously. . i would keep an eye on lizzy, and if you aren't sure, maybe take her in to see a vet. :)

Ah thats good to know. I remember seeing it on Stormy once too but then it went away just the same. Yep shes still her normal self. Shes running all over me as we speak. :rofl:

linda040899
04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Keep an eye on her droppings. That concerns me much more than the wet nares. If the droppings do not return to what you are used to seeing, call your avian vet and have it checked.