PDA

View Full Version : Mad birdy!

LoveBug12
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
:confused:
I had to leave junior home while I traveled to Nevada to visit family and when I came home and put junior on my shoulder, he bit be many times. Not little nips, BIG bites! I think he was angry at me for leaving? Not sure but after I hung around with him a little bit...he calmed down. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Jally
04-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Personally, I have not had this happen to me. If I have to go away, Peanut goes with me. But, I have read that birds can hold a grudge because their people went away for a few days. I'm sure he will be back to normal soon. Just give him lotsof treats and patience.

By the way, I love the name Junior!

linda040899
04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Junior was unhappy about your absence and he/she let you know all about it! Be thankful you have a lovebird and not a larger parrot! :)

lemonypickett
04-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Sometimes my guys go through a biting phase for a few days. Just grin and bear it and hope it passes soon.

Be patient!

michael
04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Seriously.....I get a verbal warning (along with some heavy duty beaking) from Goof if I miss his evening ritual of cuddles and scritchies. I receive this warning in the morning, then once again towards evening just in case he thinks i'll forget.

LauraO
04-19-2009, 09:40 AM
When I had just a couple of lovies, I really noticed the difference in their behavior when I would be gone for any extended amount of time. Years ago I had a lovie that was totally bonded to me, and he would do weird stuff like fly right at my face and chest for a couple of hours when he first saw me. It was unpleasant but he would stop after a few hours.

Birds, by nature, are not used to extended absences from their mates or flock and that is how they view us humans. So I would not be surprised if Junior is reacting to your absence especially if your family did not let him out of the cage or interact with him while you were gone. I would just get Junior back to his normal routine and he should be acting pretty normal by today..........In the future, it would be great if you can get your family on board to continue Juniors schedule if you leave in the future. If they become more of a flock member for him and spend time with him your absence won't be as difficult for him. Of course, these things are always easier said than done.

:):)

LovelySydney
04-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh I know this too well!! We left for a week and when we came back Gus wasn't at all interested in seeing us - he screamed for a good 2 days but then finally realized we werent going anywhere again!! Poor thing - I think its just separation anxiety, they dont know where their mommy went!!