PDA

View Full Version : No luck finding lovebirds here....

LoveBug12
04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I've looked online everywhere for lovebird breeders in the Central Valley of
California with no luck. I've called many pet stores who hand raise them and their prices are WAY to high...almost 300 dollars. You can buy a big parrot for that price, right? I've tired Hoobly, kijiji, search engine, birdbreeders.com, google, etc etc. Is there any specific sites that are just for lovebird breeding? I got lucky when I found Junior at a local petstore but they don't have any hatching eggs this season. :(

momo
04-18-2009, 04:08 AM
How come ur getting another one? Aren't you trying to work on junior atm?

StormyMom
04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
That sucks :( i know the feeling with the black masked lovies. I finally gave up and just hope itll find me

HaleBoppPeachyluv
04-18-2009, 07:40 PM
sometimes that's just the case... for the 2 years after my haley passed, i only half heartedly looked at lovies, and in the 2nd year, kind of decided i wanted a pied...but never saw any... i finally settled on my maka (sea green) and when i lost him, a month later my pied sunny popped up... and now i keep seeing them!

Mummieeva
04-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Try www.petfinder.com. They have both a animal shelter/ rescue area and also at top a classifed section for private owners. I got a pair from there before and they were lovely.

Steph

LoveBug12
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
How come ur getting another one? Aren't you trying to work on junior atm?

I'm getting another, (or trying to at least) because when I'm away from home or busy, junior has a companion. I know he might bond with the other bird more then me but I am okay with that, for that he bites me alot and it's difficult for me to stop him from biting me, and others.

LovelySydney
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry you're having trouble finding a FID in your area - what a pain in the butt! I'm sure something will come your way, that's how I found my little guys. I think it was fate!! Good luck & don't give up, one will find YOU!