PDA

View Full Version : Gus has passed.

LovelySydney
04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Gus died about 20 minutes ago. I held him in my hands, gave him his last sunflower seed and told him how much I loved him, I begged him not to go and leave me - I cried and told him what a joy he's been, how much I will miss him, how much of a hole he is leaving in my heart:very_sad:

I love you Gus - you were my little green machine, my annoying little car alarm, my first lovebird bite!! I will miss you forever, think about you constantly and always wish you were here.

Fly high, watch over me and know I'm thinking of you, always.

Elle
04-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I am so sorry for your loss .:very_sad:

Fly high little angel!

wilkiecoco
04-20-2009, 07:28 PM
NOOOO - I am absolutely sick - I cannot stop crying!!! I have no words to express the sorrow for you - to lose them both so suddenly. :very_sad::very_sad::very_sad::very_sad:

Fly high sweet Gus and Oslo - your momma is going to miss you something fierce. Take care of each other.

dani
04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I am so, so, so sorry!!! As soon as I saw this, I started crying. I am sending prayers your way, and many, many hugs. Fly high sweet Gus and Oslo...You will be missed very, very much. Drop in on your mama sometimes, give her a kiss while she is sleeping, send her a song, or a dream. You were lucky to have such a great mama, and your mama was so blessed to have the both of you.

Flapjack
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh my gosh- I don't even have the words to say how sorry I am over the loss of both. :very_sad:

Bella's mom
04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time. Fly high Gus and Oslo.

Flip
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh my god. I am so so sorry! I am crying right now, and I can't even imagine the pain you are going through. This is just terrible, terrible news, and I don't know what to say. I can't believe it. You poor thing. I wish I could be there right now to give you a hug. I'm so sad for you. Fly free little Gus, and meet your friend Oslo at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm so sorry for your loss.

bbslovie
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi LovelySydney, oh no, not Gus!:omg: I am so sad to hear this news about Gus and Oslo.:very_sad: I'm so sorry for your loss.:cry: These were two precious creatures that you loved dearly and they knew how much they were loved. Gus flew to the rainbow bridge with you holding him in your hands and both Gus and Oslo will be in your heart forever. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. We are all here to support you. Thoughts, hugs, and prayers to you and yours.

Barb :grouphug1

mangotiki
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
omg I am so so so sorry...this is just beyond words. my thoughts are with you...

cp.lovebird
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I am so sorry. This is so terrible, for you to lose both of your beloved lovies today. My thoughts, prayers and tears are with you. :very_sad:

Fly high sweet Gus! I am sure you know how much your fidma loves you.

(((((HUGS)))))

linda040899
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
:very_sad: :very_sad: :very_sad:
I'm so very sorry to hear about Gus! His stay with you was very short but he and Olso are together at Rainbow Bridge awaiting reunion day.

((((((((((((((((((((((((LovelySydney)))))))))))))) ))))))))))

maya_exquisite
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
What the...?! I'm so so so sorry for your loss!! :very_sad:

Al and Roxy
04-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
I am so sorry.:very_sad:
Alida

bookworm0550
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
what? man, i'm so sad. what happened? i'm so very sorry. i wish i could give you a hug right now. i'm just so so sorry.

Mummieeva
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I am so very sorry for you loses today. Fly high beautiful birds you were very loved.

Steph

Pips mom
04-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow, that is unbelievable that not only both of these lovies were lost on the same day......but that you aren't the only one here to lose two so closely together. I worked today and never even saw the post about Oslo too. I am so very sorry for your great loss. :very_sad:

lemonypickett
04-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I too missed the post about Oslo.

I am sooooo sorry for your loss. I am weeping for you, as I know what it feels like to lose a fid.

:(

LauraO
04-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I am so so so sorry for your lost. Losing one birdy is hard enough, two is unimaginable. Please know you did all you could to find out what was wrong with Gus and possibly Oslo as well. They passed living in a loving home and fidma, happy, warm, and well fed. I can only hope we all pass this way.

I know it's hard to think about but a necropsy is in order. They can be pricey but if you ever plan to have birds in the future ( I know this is hard to think about now) you want to find the problem so it never happens again.

newloviemom
04-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so very sorry to hear about Oslo and Gus. What a horrible shock for you to lose both of your babies. We could all tell here how much you love your birds. Just know that my heart is breaking for you right now. Hugs!!!!!!!!!
Cindy & Zoe

Jally
04-21-2009, 04:21 AM
I can not believe this. {{{{LovelySydney}}}} I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a real hug right now. This is just horrible :(

Chickobee
04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
:very_sad::very_sad: (((((((((LovelySydney))))))))) :very_sad::very_sad:

Fly High Oslo and Gus. I'm so sorry. I too am crying over your loss and have no words...

At least you provided them a loving home for the short while they could be with you and I'm sure they knew you loved them.

Janie
04-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh no! I am so sorry! :(

FLY HIGH, GUS!

LoveBug12
04-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I am SOOO SOOO sorry, as soon as I read this it brought tears to my eyes. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
Fly high Gus!