PDA

View Full Version : "british" parrots

LovelySydney
04-27-2009, 01:45 PM
My boyfriend and I were talking last night and he brought up something I thought to be silly at the time, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.

For the bird owners around the world that have parrots who speak, would they speak in an accent? I know they would speak the language of their owner, but would a african grey in England sound english? Or would a macaw in Jamaica sound jamaican?

Sounds like a silly question, but I'd like to hear a parrot say "Ello!!" or "yea mon":)

Flip
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Not a silly question at all!

My grey, Jake, lives with my dad, who is British. Jake doesn't pronounce his "R"s and speaks with a decidedly northern English accent :rofl: It's adorable.:happy:

personatus
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes they certainly pick up accents. There's a scottish speaking african grey on youtube that swears, so **** funny!

thebubbleking
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Yes they pick up accents my dads bird speaks pidgeion lol and my friends girlfriends grey speaks with a french accent (his gf is french)

Gill
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
There is a cockatoo at Bird World here and he says "hello Ivor" he sounds like something out of Oliver Twist so I suppose he does have an English accent, if not a bit old fashioned!

LovelySydney
04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
omg that is soooo cool! I figured they would have accents, I mean why would they speak in an American accent if their parronts arent American right? That's really cool.

momo
04-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes they certainly pick up accents. There's a scottish speaking african grey on youtube that swears, so **** funny!

That sounds too funny to be true.. :rofl:

personatus
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I would post a link but it might offend some people - i personally think its well funny! Search sparky the swearing parrot on youtube lol. One of the videos is hilarious, he bit the women then said..."is that sore?" has me in stitches LOOLOLOL.

Angelic vampyre
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
My king parrot sounds American sometimes as there are words I pronouce in a really amerian way and most other words are in an australian accent