PDA

View Full Version : someone got of their cage yesterday

bookworm0550
05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
i wish i would have witnessed it. I had all three in their cages. i went over to evolet's cage to take out the tray underneath her cage. as i was changing the newspaper, i heard something shut and wings flapping.

"No, that ain't a bird," i thought. I mean, how could it? Everyone's locked up.

I look up and there Evolet was, sitting on the window sill. :omg:

No way!!! I took her back to her cage thinking maybe her door was open. Oh no, everything was shut and closed. unless she made herself less than half an inch to squeeze through her bars, she couldn't have gotten out.

But my little girl has figured out how to do it. Joey's food door is secured w/ a link so he can't open it, but i never thought she could do it. those little smart sneakies.

just wanted to share since my boyfriend thinks i'm wrong.

momo
05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
If there are no clips on evolet's doors... then she definitely got out!
Or could she have snucked her way through where the newspaper tray was meant to be in her cage?

bookworm0550
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
If there are no clips on evolet's doors... then she definitely got out!
Or could she have snucked her way through where the newspaper tray was meant to be in her cage?

that's what i thought at first, but that's a caged floor too, know what i mean? yes, she has no clips cuz she's never shown that she would even know how unlike joey who slams his up and down.

Pips mom
05-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh, I think she did it! I see Pip trying all the time! so far he hasn't managed to get out, but I think one day he may! I keep clothespins on his doors, but the little stinker knows how to get them off! He'll push them outward and I hear a clothespin go flying! they are smart little stinkers and very determined!

bookworm0550
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh, I think she did it! I see Pip trying all the time! so far he hasn't managed to get out, but I think one day he may! I keep clothespins on his doors, but the little stinker knows how to get them off! He'll push them outward and I hear a clothespin go flying! they are smart little stinkers and very determined!

LOL, you'll have to record that. they sure are smart aren't they? I've been waiting to see if Evie will do it again.

momo
05-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Evolet is a girl.. so she may have been practicing on but on the sly.. whereas Joey.. the boy.. doing the crimes right infront of the police..

linda040899
05-08-2009, 08:15 AM
When in doubt, clip or zip tie the door so it doesn't happen again. I narrowly averted a tragedy when one of my lovies did this and the door came back down on its neck.

Lovies are very smart! If they do something once, you can count on it being repeated.......

LauraO
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
My lovebird Katsu is a crack up. He LOVES to break into cages (when they are empty), but he never breaks out. I just don't get it :confused:.

momo
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
My lovebird Katsu is a crack up. He LOVES to break into cages (when they are empty), but he never breaks out. I just don't get it :confused:.

ahahahaha that's hilarious!!.. I went to the gym yesterday my stomach hurt.. and when I laughed.. it hurt more!!! :rofl:

Maybe Katsu is hinting for a cage upgrade.. or downgrade?

LovelySydney
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Olly tried to shove his head through the cage spacing the other day, too! I watched him do it just to make sure he couldn't actually succeed. He couldn't but MAN was he trying!! I guess you're going to have to watch now to see how she does it. Maybe lock her up when she doesn't want to be locked up & then she will find her way out again!! LOL I hope this doesnt become a routine!!

Chickobee
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
My sister had to clip the doors closed on her bird cages until she got the new cage with the heavy door.

Gus would open the food door on his cage and escape. Then he'd go to Marley's cage and open her door so she could come out too! She saw them do this! What a gentleman Gus is, and very clever.

thebubbleking
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Sweetie is the escape artisit boo would be but she wont leave her house un attended lol

Bubblelady
05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I've no doubt she did it. Buddy did it. I kept her door clipped shut because if you lift it all the way up, it stays up. But I didn't think she could get out the food dish door since it falls as soon as you let go. She used to try it all the time. I'd hear the door fall over and over and over but I let her, thinking it was something to keep her busy. Then, one day, here she was, out & all the cage doors shut. She had to have gotten her head under the door before it fell! Speedy, determined little hen. So, clips went onto the food & water dish doors, too.