PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Kumashe
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Pips mom
05-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Hmmm, I've never seen anything like that before, but I'm sure Linda will be along soon with some ideas and advice. I would be the same way and always wondering what it that is, even if it isn't bothering him or seem like anything too bad. My little Pip humps alot and wears thin spots in his feathers....I'm always staring at him and at these spots when they appear and worry.....what if it's from something else? or what if he's picking his feathers! Then after a few weeks it always fills back in with feathers and all is fine! If it happens again though, I'll still be right there looking and worrying, even though I kind know deep down it's from all the humping!
I hope you find out what it is and that it's nothing to be too concerned about!

Janie
05-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Kumashe,

It has been a long time! Glad to hear you still have Indy. :) I don't have a clue what might be the cause of the bare skin..... hopefully someone else will.

Eliza
05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Indy! I was wondering where you two had gotten off to, Kumashe!

I would suggest taking him to an avian vet. It could be a sore spot that he's worrying by rubbing against cage bars or a perch, it could be a fungal infection, etc.

Best of luck and please keep us posted! Hope that you enjoyed your first year at college :)