PDA

View Full Version : Poor keeker!

Flip
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
My poor little Kiwi bird. Before I worry you, she's fine.

She was just playing on my keyboard with the lid of a flash dive while I was working and she started screeching like she was dying!! Her poor little foot got caught between the keys. She is heavy enough to press them down (she loooves to help with email), and she must have pressed one down and then it came up over her foot and squished her little toe! Boy did she let me know it. As soon as I touched her she was able to get her foot free, and she flew right down to the floor. I picked her up and made sure she was okay. Her toes look fine, she isn't favouring them or anything, I think she just gave herself a little scare.

After I picked her up and checked her over, she was leaning towards her cage (a clear sign she wanted to go back), so I let her hop in, and then she started clucking/clicking at me, telling me about her scary ordeal! She's pretty much right beside the computer desk, and once I sat down again, she let out a peep as if to say "that was scary! But I feel better now". :rofl:

I was scared for a minute too. I couldn't figure out why she was screeching so badly. She's playing with her toys now, so she must be feeling okay.. phew.

LovelySydney
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
HAHA poor little Kiki!! Good to hear she didn't injure herself - maybe she will think twice about helping you type from now on!

thebubbleking
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Lord, screeches from my melodramatic lovies at every minor foot nibble still makes me jump and rush over but i am sure they know that and love it lol

Jally
05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Aw, poor Kiwi! Nothing worse than sore tootsie's. Peanut was constantly on my keyboard and while typing, I have accidently pushed his foot along with the keys..oops

momo
05-21-2009, 08:58 PM
oh my gosh.. such a scary ordeal.. I'm glad shes ok!
Maybe next time she should use her beak to type the email ;)

Enko_chan
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Poor dear...

Benny HATES it when I am on the computer, so he tries to help me get done quicker... he is not heavy enough to press down the keys, but his feet fall between them and he gets frustrated.

Sometimes he'll fly onto my head, hang from my hair and bite my eyebrows/preen my eyelashes- which he only does when I'm spending too much time on the computer and not paying him enough attention.