PDA

View Full Version : That Evil Lamp!

linda040899
05-28-2009, 06:27 AM
I belong to a local freecycle group and a list member offered a torchiere floor lamp as an item she no longer needed. Knowing I could use some extra lighting, it seemed like the perfect addition for my Abbys!

Picked it up, cleaned it up, added a full spectrum CF bulb and put it in place. Next thing I know, there are no Abbys in sight anywhere! They all made a mad dash for the "safety" of their nest boxes because this evil thing had invaded their territory! I mean, you couldn't even see head poking out of the boxes checking it out!

I had to move it completely across the room and even then they warily checked it out before coming back out! Getting this lamp where I need it is going to take some time....... :omg:

LovelySydney
05-28-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL! I guess something new in their area sure frightens them huh?? So much for being interested in the thing! Good luck with moving the lamp to where you want it = )

BarbieH
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

linda040899
05-28-2009, 10:04 AM
My Peachies and Fischer's would all have been at the front of their cages to check out the new addition! Abbys are creatures of habit and anything out of the ordinary is pure evil! If I even so much as change cages, the cage color has to be the same as the one they had to you see big time stress!!

I just added a tall oscillating fan to my main aviary to bring in cool air and just circulate what's there. No one even blinked an eye!

Flip
05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Birds are so funny!

wilkiecoco
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that is too funny!!! :rofl::rofl: