PDA

View Full Version : Totally and Completely Off-Topic.......

linda040899
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
.....but very valuable information for those who don't know or who (like me) have forgotten!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Natural-Health/Natural-Sunburn-Remedy.aspx

Tango's_Mom
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
i shall have to keep that in mind, it seems that no matter what I do I either stay pasty white, or go straight to tomato red, after a few times it'll finally fade to a tan, on the bright side my tomato red rarely hurts that much, only if I really overdo it.

Pips mom
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Ohh, I burn easy! and it doesn't take much for it to really hurt....over the years I've had some really bad burns and I've tried all the things you're supposed to....they give some, but little relief! I am more and more careful about burns as I get older, but if it happens again, I'll definitely try the apple cider vinegar.....especially since I always have it handy since I use it alot to clean out the bird's water dishes to cut down on bacteria.

michael
06-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Nice to know you can always grab some vinegar, especially if you forgot to water the aloe plant!....Linda. Back when it first began in Madison, Ohio, this magazine used to be refered to as "Mother" by all those who shared her best interest. Although the brain child of John Shuttleworth, had it not been for the many generous contributions from those who's background and age all bore one thing in common (Going back to the earth), it may have never got off the ground.

Still a great magazine, even after all these years!.....Glad you shared one of their articles..............:)

Mummieeva
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
How I remember well gettign burnt and mom putting that on me. Boy did it stink but it helped so much.

Steph

thebubbleking
06-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Works for getting rid of head lice also... just sayin

LovelySydney
06-08-2009, 06:04 PM
never have even heard of it - good to know!!