PDA

View Full Version : question - GSE

Tango's_Mom
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Ok so my bottle of grape seed extract finally ran out on me the other day, and after searching multiple health food stores, the bulk barn and the grocery store, i was completely unable to find liquid grape seed extract, all anyone had were capsules, what I did find was grapefruit seed extract, which from the label appears to have the same properties and usage (at least as far as humans are concerned as a supplement) does anyone know if this can be used in cleaning cages the same way that grape seed extract is? has anyone used it?

the label reads "grapefruit seed extract is a broad spectrum antimicrobial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal nutrient. it has been widely recommended for it's germ killing capabilities" the instructions for internal use are the same as on my old bottle as well. So what do you guys think, should it work?

Also it has a definate upside in that it's clear so hopefully won't stain like i find grape seed extract can and it doesn't seem to have much of a scent, i always thought the grape stuff smelt kinda funny.

Thanks guys,

oh and on a completely unrelated note, I finally figured out why it was so hard to get Tango to eat any of my cooking for him out of his extra bowls. It wasn't my cooking, or him being fussy, or even that the bowls didn't look like what he usually had food out of so he didn't recognize it as food. It was simply that the bowls were to narrow and deep, i got him some that were shaped like the built in bowls, so they're big and round (kinda a half circle) as opposed to those tiny little rectangle ones with the perch sticking out. And sure enough he ate every bit of the rice, egg and veggie mixture I fed him in it. It always confused me because he would go straight to the bowl every time, like he couldn't wait, and then take a few bites and then give up and ignore it, apparently the old bowls were just to tough to get to the bottom of, who knew.

Eliza
06-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I've never heard of grape seed extract!

Whenever I've read about GSE, articles were referring to grapefruit seed extract.

Tango's_Mom
06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
oh well then maybe it was the first bottle I messed up with then lol, either way, it seems they do the same thing.

personatus
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
both are very good addictives :)