PDA

View Full Version : Odd Behavior From Reggie

ScurvyGoat
06-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't 100% sure where to post this.

My little lovebird Reggie has been acting funny lately. Once in awhile he'll make a repetitive loud clicking noise with his beak and he's been sort of twitchy lately. He's only a few months old and discovered the "fun" he can have biting a little while back. Should I be worried about the jittery-ness? When he makes the clicking sound he stops biting and acts somewhat subdued and it really, really worried me the first time it happened. Money's tight so I don't want to bring him to the vet unless it's necessary. Am I just overly worried about my lil baby, or should I be more worried?

lemonypickett
06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
If Reggie is a boy, it sounds like he is doing the "clicky dance" which has something to do with sexual stimulation (almost like a form of masturbation). Eddie scratches his head and clicks most often while in my hair on top of my head.

Under the search catagory, type clicky dance and you will most likely find many posts about it. If it doesn't sound like what Reggie is doing, I would get him to a vet. The opportunity to save a sick bird once they show symptoms diminshes rapidly over time.

Keep us posted!!

ScurvyGoat
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
He's acting fine now, trying to tear up my keyboard like the bad little bird he is. lol
I'm not 100% sure if he's a boy or girl. Seeing as he's only done it twice, it may be the Clicky Dance. I hope it is. I'd hate for my lil lovie to be sick... He looks right as rain now. Infact, he's waaaaaaay too close to my toes! Thank you for answering so quick! I'll keep you updated!

ScurvyGoat
06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I just found a video of the Clicky Dance and that is the EXACT sound that Reggie makes! He doesn't scratch, but he does fidget all around like that! I feel SOOOOOOOO much better now! Thank you so much!

lemonypickett
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Glad I could be of help. It is always nice to find out nothing is wrong!!