PDA

View Full Version : Our new little guy to be

Pips mom
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, we went to look at the lovie today....the one right in my town that I supposedly emailed and they had posted an add somewhere. He is just adorable, but seemed very scared of us! The couple were handling him and he didn't seem to mind hands at all....but boy it was sure obvious that he wanted them and NOT me! He has alot of different colorings all through him, what do you call that, a pied?? He is also very severely clipped and cannot fly. He chirped loudly every time he got scared.....poor little guy, I think he'll have a hard time with a move to a new place with new people and new surroundings. He doesn't even come with a cage, so won't have that familiar thing to feel secure in. We'll be going to get him the end of the week after we get a cage and things prepared for him. I don't even know his name!

Gator
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a pied to me. I'd give the little guy time to settle in before you tried holding him too much. I've had lovies before that were scared of their surroundings, but eventually calmed down. Talk to him alot and I am sure he will be a great little buddy for you. Just take it slow.

FuzzyAga
07-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Wonderful!

Best to you and your new lovie. :)

Pips mom
07-07-2009, 09:16 AM
No new lovie.....here is the email I recieved......
Kim,

I am so very sorry to have wasted your time but I have decided against selling the bird. He has spent so much time with the female that he was just really having a hard time separating from her. They kept climbing the walls of their cages and calling to each other and it was breaking my heart. I will return your deposit to you in person if you tell me the number on Highland Ave you live at. Again, I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Colleen

LovelySydney
07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Man I have been gone for a week and I miss everything!! Aww Kim it really is an ongoing saga with you!!! = ( Im sorry you couldnt bring this bird into your home but something will come into your life when you least expect it!!! Keep your head up & your hopes up and something will come along that needs you & your love!! I know there's some little birdy out there waiting for you!!