PDA

View Full Version : Odd Bird Ads

MaraJade
08-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Okay, I know I am by no means the number one best pet owner out there. But I’d like to think I have a little more sense than these people. I was searching ads for people who wanted lovebirds (nothing doing. They all want fischers) and stumbled across these gems.

I would like to trade my solomon island eclectus for a different type of parrot He's ( 7) talks, dances, sweet like to be held. IL.

So you are bored with the type of parrot you chose seven years ago and now want new entertainment?

lovebirds wanted would be going to a good home.(with cage if possible). must be very tame!(and talk)good price.blue or peach. England.

This isn’t so bad, but I just love that they “must talk”. Um, no.

hi, I am looking for a proven pair of parrot breeders preferably with a cage. If anyone is trying to get rid of their breeders please let me know. I live in am willing to drive within 50 miles. I will pay cash but am looking for cheap birds. :) MI.

He doesn’t even say what kind of parrot he wants. So he is just the expert on all parrot types and knows how to breed every single kind that someone might offer him? I’m so tempted to email and ask. . :: evil grin ::

I need 200 Cockatiels ASAP. I need a good wholesale proce on these. SC.

This just downright scares me.

Guess I was a bit bored. :)

Hope no one finds this offensive. I just couldn’t believe my eyes with some of them. and these weren’t it. There’s plenty more where that came from. It’s too bad there’s no screening process set up. But I guess it’s up to the individual owner to decided. Still. . . scary. Just like the African lovebird guy who contacted me to today. What is UP with people?? I am constantly amazed.

BarbieH
08-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Jessie;

There are a lot of odd people out there in the world of bird owners and wannabes, no doubt about it! Makes me shudder too.

I did a little editing on your post, to remove the e-mail addresses. Those people don't deserve the free advertising. ;) Anyway, we don't have their permission to cross post it, so I made it more generic. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks, :)

MaraJade
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh yea. That's fine. You know, I was going to take them out and then I thought that the only reason to do that would be if someone on here KNEW them and I figured the liklihood of that was pretty slim. So I just didn't bother. No problem though.

Anyway, it's amazing what you can find on the internet when you're bored at work. ;)

LauraO
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Well I admit I'm a cynic and am NOT surpised by people and what they do. Anyone can have a pet as easily as anyone can have a child. Ironically my husband and I were having a conversation about bad pet owners last night and he totally cracked me up because he said if he ever had two weeks to live he'd go on a f****ng rampage........... :evil: :evil:

Janie
08-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Laura, I like the way he thinks! :D