PDA

View Full Version : previous owner........

Pips mom
08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Ok, so I send an email to the previous owner of my new little guy, saying how everything's going great and a pic of him in his new cage and how sweet he is and how he doesn't bite. I also told her she can have that old cage back if she ever gets out this way or we go out her way. I get this email back.....

i cant take him back so thanks for letting me know how he is but if you dont want him mabe you can find him a new home i just cant have all these pets

I wrote back....NOOOOO, I WANT him! I was saying you can have the CAGE back!

ok i hope he works out and stopes bitting as for the cage i dont need it so you can get rid of it that's fine with me

Ok.....I think you misunderstand what I say......the lovie that you gave us does NOT bite either.....he's a very good bird, very friendly, and never bites......it's my lovie Pip that bites! The one I already had! This lovie that I got from you is great! He's still scared of us, but is a very happy little guy! Today he took a bath in his water dish!

Here is what she wrote back today.....
that is good every time i tried to pick him up he would bit me so that means he is happy i am really happy he found a home that he likes!i still have only one bird left and he allways wants to be talked to i feal bad casue he is alone but i have to move and there is really nothing i can do

The poor little lovie that is still left there.....he's all alone now, after being with three other lovies, and now she doesn't have time for him. I know she never let this one that I have now out of his cage and we all saw that cage, so I emailed her back and told her I would take the other lovie if she decides she doesn't want to keep him. I'm hoping she says ok and I can get him out of there.

linda040899
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Kim,
This woman sounds like a real nut case and I sure hope you can get the other lovie that remains with her so that he/she, too, can have a really good, caring home!

What is our world coming to????????????

Bubblelady
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Kim,
This woman sounds like a real nut case

Not to mention a bit dyslexic :rotfl
The flock groweth...we hope!

lemonypickett
08-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Kooky for sure. I hope you can rescue the other one!

LovelySydney
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Yikes Kim she sounds like quite a card. I would be reading those emails she wrote you like "what?! This doesnt make sense!" Did she even READ what you wrote?? Awwww if you adopt another lovie good for you!! You are quite the good hearted person giving these babies a forever home = )

Jally
08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Ohhhh Kooky sounds like a nice name for the new lovie. LOL Just kidding, but yeah, she sounds like a kook. Almost as bad as the lady that I had contacted who had 2 lovies. She was trying to put them in another cage and one flew away :( She must have either kept them outside or was doing it outside??? I don't know, either way it is hotter than- you-know-what here with 60% humidity.

Pips mom
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Well, the thing is.....this lovie I got from her appears to be very healthy...he's very happy, very good natured. Geez....what would she ever do if she got a Pip??? :omg: he is such a little handful! Anyway....if this lovie is healthy, then the other one is probably healthy too.....plus these two were caged together at one point and got along, so I know I could put them together and there's plenty of room of in that new cage for two! Both of these lovies are male (at least chances are really good that they are) so it wouldn't be like I'm putting male and female together. I didn't want to add anymore birds here, but if this other lovie is a healthy one and I know gets along well with the one I have, then I'll take him.....he's a beautiful lovie, I think he's a pied. I just felt so bad reading that email, and my new little guy seems to be eating up all the new toys, cage, attention. He's still scared of us humans, but I feel certain in time he'll get over that because he's so friendly and sweet. I hope that she considers giving up the other lovie. She supposedly got rid of all the others so she could spend time with her lovie and hand tame him and have a feathered friend for herself......never thinking about the fact that keeping a lovie as a friend for him would be what's best for HIM! He's probably very lonely right now :(