PDA

View Full Version : i need help

gothic_gangsta
08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
one of my family members bought me i couple of lovebirds but i have no idea on how old they are and what sex they are.....he also has no information on them either...i think he said they are two years old but don't know..

one is big and one is small
i know ther peach faced lovebirds

the first day they both just hung in the corner together now they are both moving around and eating and making a lot of noise.
but they both run to the other side of the cage when i try to interact with them.

the little on tends to squabble with the bigger one but playfully i think the small one crabs the bigger ones feet

i need help how can you tell the age sex and other information will be helpful help me please :O)

linda040899
08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi and welcome to our community!

Congratulations on your 2 new lovebirds! Since you don't know much about them, do you know where they came from? If the answer is yes, were they housed together before you got them? If not, you may need to house them separately until you can determine if they like each other. If they have just been put together, the one that is the aggressor is perfectly capable of killing the other one. With lovebirds, gender can be important. Two males housed together is fine. Male/female is OK but hens are aggressive and not many will tolerate being in the same cage with another hen. I've had it happen a few times, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

If you have any photos, can you share them with us (front & back, please) so we can see what you have.