PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Handmade Bird Art

Enko_chan
08-17-2009, 11:43 PM
I think this is really gorgeous bird art... there aren't any lovebirds in the main selection of already-made ones, but there are some on the custom page, and if you really want to have some made of your birds, you can send photos and have them done. Its really not that expensive for beautiful handmade work.

http://www.birdjewelry.com

bbslovie
08-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi, the link isn't working for me... sorry!

Barb :)

Pips mom
08-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Try this one.....http://birdjewelry.com/ The other one didn't work for me either.
I love that site Kristi! Those are beautiful! No lovebirds though??:confused: I love the blueheaded pionus they have there! That's a shame they have no lovebirds......lovies are so cute and colorful.....we'll have to email her and ask her to add lovies! These jewelry pieces are really nice....look at the detail in each different bird....love the cockatiel one too....very nice!

Enko_chan
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM
If you look on the custom work, there's a peachface, a fischers, and a madagascar lovebird. I can't afford any luxuries like this right now, but may ask for a flock necklace for Christmas. Once Sayuri gets home, our flock will be complete and I don't feel right having one made of a bird that's not home and healthy for a while.

Enko_chan
08-18-2009, 09:11 AM
THE LOVEBIRD ONES ARE IN THE CUSTOM WORK!!

Here's a photo of a custom green peachy: http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w317/siddiajna/?action=view&current=Custom_Charm_2_web_ready.jpg

If you look on the custom work, there's a peachface, a fischers, and what I think may be a madagascar lovebird. I can't afford any luxuries like this right now, but may ask for a flock necklace for Christmas. Once Sayuri gets home, our flock will be complete and I don't feel right having one made of a bird that's not home and healthy for a while. I love the peacock, owls, and the one with the two caiques... actually, all three caique necklaces are stunning...

they are ALL beautiful, but if you want to check out just a few beyond the birds in your own flock, and the rainbow lorikeet one on the home page, I recommend...

hyacinth macaw
pionus- I love the beads on this one, too.
peacock
owls- esp. the snow owl
caiques
cockateil - especially the one on the bottom of the page, I really like the beadwork.
cockatoos
eclectus

I wish they did all lovebirds... I'm going to ask about custom jobs and also ask if she's going to start doing lovebirds, tell her there's a whole bustling forum of potential customers who are interested!

Pips mom
08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Ohhhh, I just emailed her and can you believe that she doesn't own any birds?? BUT her husband wants to get a LOVEBIRD! so I invited her to join in here! I too, cannot afford to just run out and get one of these, but I really want a custom one of my flock, so I was thinking christmast too, but she told me she gets alot of orders for christmas, so I thought, ok, I'll get mine for my birthday in March! this way it won't add on to her christmas stress!

Enko_chan
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
That's a good idea. I think maybe I'll get one around my birds' hatch dates- next May. Sayuri isn't coming home until the end of January so it will be a while for us.

Flapjack
08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I emailed her about a flock necklace & earrings.

I already have all the birds I want- except one. I may have her add a female ekkie in as my dream bird.

LovelySydney
08-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh wow her stuff is gorgeous!!

Enko_chan
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I emailed her about a flock necklace & earrings.

I already have all the birds I want- except one. I may have her add a female ekkie in as my dream bird.

that's not a bad idea... I've thought of adding in my someday-Galah 2. The deal fell through and I ended up agreeing to Koko and Sayuri. It will be many years before that dream comes true, but it may be nice to have a flock necklace done.

I asked for quotes, though I won't have them done until after her Christmas rush is over.

I'm doing one of my Mother's five lovebirds with a green quaker for earrings... and one of a green orangeface opaline lovebird for someone who has been very kind to me.*Shhh*

$64.00 for a 5 Bird flock necklace is not bad at all for something custom made. Plus a free pair of matching earrings! My ears have been pierced since I was a toddler, but I haven't worn earrings since middle school- perhaps I'll have to start. She likes to have multiple photos from many angles and molds the materials to match the colors of the bird- no painting.

EDIT: She is adding the Lovebird inventory to her main site!!

Eliza
08-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Her pricing really is good, considering she makes it all by hand. Can you imagine?

I mean, I'm sure that she has nominate forms of popular species down to a science and maybe makes up several at a time to have on hand... but there is always going to be a mutation cockatiel, lovebird, p-let or budgie. Or something special about a certain bird, like a grey with some red feathering, etc.

Really nice stuff!

FuzzyAga
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
My husband wandered by so I snagged and reeled him in and showed him the site, and after looking at the colorful bird necklaces, he said, "Where do you get that, Birddorf Goodman?"

It's a take-off reference to an upper-crust department store in New York City called Bergdorf Goodman.

Ha, ha, I thought it was funny. :rofl: Well, maybe it's a you-had-to-be-there type of connection.

I'd buy some lovie earrings--one Petey and one Juanita.

Enko_chan
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM
I got it. Haha, cute.