PDA

View Full Version : Clean bill of health !

kimsbirds
08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
My vet called me at work this morning with some good news ( I sure could use some !)
Abbey's test results are in and she's perfectly healthy!
CBC - normal ranges
PBFD - negative
Polyoma - negative
Chlamydia - negative
fecal gram stain - normal
fecal parasite - negative

Her calcium levels are just a wee bit low, and there's already a cuttlebone in her cage plus I chopped her fave this morning, broccoli and strawberries and apples.
The vet said it wasnt nearly low enough to go with a calcium supplement, just increase her natural source intake if we can:)
She's been mock fighting lately and its had us in stitches. If you wiggle your fingers towards her, she spreads her wings, screams and lays on her back, then you tickle her tummy and she 'cackles' like she's laughing LOL It's too funny. No biting at all, just being a funny chicken head:)
Anyway, back to work, just wanted to update :lol

Angelwing
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Great news! I'm happy everything is all right. :)

bellarains
08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Kimmie,

I do believe you've been bitten my a new kinda buggie, the conure buggie :lol . They are hilarious, and Cappie keeps us all amused. He is not as agile or graceful an acrobat as B&L, but he puts on a good show, and he also loves to do the wrestling on his back thingie. If you hold up your forefinger, he will put up one foot like doing the wave, and then roll over onto his back, and then we play, "Get your belllllllllieeeee" He loves it, and just laughs and laughs.

I'm glad all tests are back and good. Just awaiting those DNA results ;)

kimsbirds
08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Speaking of DNA results, I'm calling healthgene. I should have seen those results in my email box by now....
What could be the worst case scenario...we'd have to change her name to Abbot ??? LOL

mjm8321
08-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Hooray for Abbey and hooray for some good news!!

Janie
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Kim, that is great news! :) You and Lori are really making me want one of dem things! Darn it, I just can't! Please, no more post about those cute personalities ladies! :D

butterfly1061
08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Great news Kimmie! Abbey is such a pretty thing. She sounds like a hoot! (not an owl :lol )

kimsbirds
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Healthgene "has no record of receiving your sample for DNA testing":mad:
Friggin *!#%
They said to call again on Monday and maybe its just been delayed in the mail system (which has happened before with my lovebirds' dna tests too).
I could've got the vet to write down 'dna sexing' as well on the tests already returned, but they charge more !! I figured healthgene would have them by now for sure...its' been 2 weeks almost since Abbey came to us. I sent blood to them on the Wednesday, 2 days after we got her. It's been 9 days since then, grrrrrrrrrr.
Oh well
Kimmie

Yes, gcc's are EXTREMELY addictive, charming, demanding, comical, loud, goofy and entertaining :) I highly recommend them for anyone suffering stress:)

Z28Taxman
08-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Kimmie,

I do believe you've been bitten my a new kinda buggie, the conure buggie :lol . They are hilarious, and Cappie keeps us all amused. He is not as agile or graceful an acrobat as B&L, but he puts on a good show, and he also loves to do the wrestling on his back thingie. If you hold up your forefinger, he will put up one foot like doing the wave, and then roll over onto his back, and then we play, "Get your belllllllllieeeee" He loves it, and just laughs and laughs.

I'm glad all tests are back and good. Just awaiting those DNA results ;)

That conure buggie is evil! Keep it away from me. :whistle: