PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Gill
08-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Bobble just broke my Tiffany & Co necklace!! :( :omg: :very_sad:

Little pickle! Just as well my parents are jewellers! :)

momo
08-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Lucky your parents are jewelers.. but does this say something about the quality of the necklace. ;)

Enko_chan
08-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Dunno, Momo, I've seen lovies shred the "inshreddable"!

Even the best chains can be delicate in the beak of a playful lovebird.

I have birdie necklaces that are designed to be torn to shreds by my birds. You should have seen Freyja and Odinn dance in victory when they spilled all the beads and other do-hickeys off the necklace when they broke it. Oh, the joy of things crashing to the floor!

I rarely wear jewelry but I have one chain and pendant that are dear to me, which I used to wear all the time, now I only wear it out of the house! There's always a little destroyer on my shoulder.

Gill
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Lucky your parents are jewelers.. but does this say something about the quality of the necklace. ;)

I see what youre saying but I believe Bobble just finished the job, they have been attempting to break it for a very long time now, I think it just finally gave up! :)

momo
08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh, I didn't mean it as a bagging Tiff n Co's. More like a joke.

I reckon if the fids really put their beak to it, they could probably jail break their cages.. with very sore beaks though.. hahaha.

Gill
08-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Its ok, I knew wha you meant, I did buy it from Ebay so you never know! :D

LovelySydney
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Aww no! Im glad youll be able to get it fixed, haha. I need to definitely get a birdie necklace for Neko, otherwise its my ears!!!

FuzzyAga
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
No more gold necklaces for me--just silver--the hefty kind because otherwise, it's my neck Juanita goes after!

Also, watch out for busy little beaks removing the clutch-backs of earrings. Or popping out the stones from earrings. Fortunately, the stone was a CZ, but she pried open the prongs and out it popped.

It takes Juanita two seconds to open up a lobster-claw clasp on my silver bracelet. :)

HaleBoppPeachyluv
08-31-2009, 05:46 PM
yeah.... with maka i could wear my engagement ring & earrings okay & he'd ignore them... necklaces were another story.

the only thing sunnybird won't try to destroy is my sterling bangle (also t&co) and my wedding band (titanium).... all other jewelry is a beak magnet, so cannot wear any of it is sunny is out.

Gill
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
My mum has just told me she gets broken clasps all the time from customers whos parrots have broken them! :)

Bubblelady
09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I finally gave up on earrings. The last time I tried to wear a pair I discovered my piercings had closed up :omg: I can't even wear my watch or glasses in the house any more. The plastic on the earpieces of my glasses is all chewed up. I finally bought a bird toy necklace (not organized enough to make my own) & Gussie loves it. Not as much as glasses, however. Or remotes. :rofl:

Gill
09-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, remotes are favourites, and my phone too, most recently my phone charm! :)