PDA

View Full Version : help plz

dayz
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
will today went i woke up lucy & scooby were fighting alot she was so mad at him she was bite at him and he was run away so i told her to stop alot of times so she stop i left the room to get something went i came back scooby want to get intop of her she was opening her wigs but on the same time she was getting mad at him i guess he want to mating with her this is the 1st time this happen what i know she isstill too small i think she is 3 or 4 mon old do u think is time for her what can i do ??? went i came back home they are ok so i dont know what happen if they mating together do i need to get a nest nox for them i need help im sad cuz i dont have a baby no more but she will give me more babys

1 ist time for her ?? she only 3 or 4 mon
2 do i get a nest box ??
3 i need alot of help???

linda040899
10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
If your male has mating on his mind, you need to separate them, as she's way too young to be mating and laying eggs!!! I don't let any of my hens breed until they are minimum of 12 months old. Absolutely no nest box!

We are here to help. Just let us know what you need to know!

dayz
10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
but i dont know if the mating cuz i went to work this is the 2 day that i see he give her food on the mouth ?? so dont put a nest box how do i know if she going to have eggs this is my 1st time i dont know about that

dieflying
10-06-2009, 01:45 AM
female birds will produce eggs whether they mate or not (although some people are able to discourage egg laying for the most part) but as linda said, your girl is too young to mate and have chicks in a healthy manner. they should be separated.