PDA

View Full Version : Hallie Tosis?

dieflying
10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Kath was on my shoulder today, talking to me, when I realized . . . eew, girl, you have really bad breath!

Does anyone else notice that, or is that something I should take special attention to?

My husband tells me he had a book with the name "Hallie Tosis" as a kid. Ha, funny way to teach kids to brush!

Bubblelady
10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Unless she'd recently eaten something that could account for it, I think I'd be calling the vet 'cause I've never noticed bad breath in any of my birds, ever. It may be nothing, but I'd at least be asking. Linda may correct me, however.,:)

thebubbleking
10-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Mine all smell like whatever they were eating hrmm gona do a thourogh sniff test tommorow.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
10-08-2009, 01:31 AM
agreed.... birdie breath always seems to smell like whatever they've been eating... unless said birdie has just finished gacking on/near me... and then yes, stinkie hallie tosis yucky birdie breath. *phew*

linda040899
10-08-2009, 04:14 AM
I agree with the vet visit. Birdie breath should not smell bad unless it can be attributed to something they've eaten recently.

FuzzyAga
10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I've been very close to Juanita and Petey and have smelt birdie breath and there is no odor, just a small puff of hot air. If they've just eaten kale, it will have a "green" smell to it, or something like that. Maybe she has fungal/yeast infection? Best to make an appointment with your vet.

I agree, it's unusually singular and indicates something is out of the ordinary. Hope it's nothing--better to make sure. :)

thebubbleking
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Mine all smell of seed from breakfast lol oh and thanks for all the bites to the nose you shoulda saw thier expresions as i got them one by on fer a good sniff...heydid i get tricked into getting nose bites?!?!?!cant belive i fell for that.....

FuzzyAga
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
:rofl:

Nose bites--that'll wake you up!

Pips mom
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Mine always smell like whatever they've been eating too, that's the only smell I've ever smelled with mine.....well, except for Ivy....she has that cute musky, birdie smell that Pi's are known for! I love her Pi smell!

bookworm0550
10-08-2009, 09:59 PM
um, no, my bird's breath never smell or at least i never smell anything.

Mary in Florida
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Our birds' breaths have never smelled like anything at all, heck, I don't think our birds smell. I always thought Sweetpea ( our 14 yr old peachie) had a very very faint smell that reminded me of leather- enhanced a bit when she took a bath, I can't even say she'd smelled like that for a number of years. Although sometimes she will smell a little like soap or detergent when she's spent some time inside a shirt someone is wearing.