PDA

View Full Version : Strange lovebird behaviour.....????

buddy
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone.
This is my first post
My masked lovebird pair are behaving it seems to me (as none of my other handraised babies or pairs do this) a bit strange :confused:, they sleep eat and drink up on their perches, but during the day all the both of them do is chill out at the bottom of their cage tearing the lining (newspaper) into perfect strips of about 3 inches and pruning eat other whistling away perfectly happy, i reckon that they'de be spending half they're day doing this, they are 10 months old and kept indoors in a large cage, there is nothing in there to hint any breeding should take place, no nest box ect.

Im not to worried as they both seem happy and healthy, just wondered what everyone thought of their behaviour
:)

linda040899
12-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Buddy and welcome to Lovebirds Plus Community!

One of the things lovebirds love to do the most is chew up paper, and anything else that can be chewed up. They make lovely, long even strips. Peachfaced hens will take the pieces of chewed up material and stuff it in their rump feathering in preparation for transporting it to the nest, if there is one. Eye-ring species don't tuck, but they shred and carry material in their beaks.

You could have a male/female pair or even a male/male pair. Both will shred paper. Usually female/female pairs don't get along well but that's not always the case.