PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird Gifts

BarbieH
12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Have your lovies been good? What, if anything, are they getting for Christmas? Mine are pretty happy with millet sprigs, or some lovingly made birdie bread. :ho:

NickyBeth
12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Mine is getting a new wooden ladder, a new plexiperch that has a treat cup and a mirror and some beads on it for playing with, a new wooden toy with soft rope to hang out on, and something rope-ish with a bell on it. Looks like a rope ladder!

shinbatsu
12-17-2009, 03:02 PM
3 pound bag of nutriberries.

bbslovie
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi,
I got the birds some Just Veggies and a new heated perch.

Barb :)

alifess
12-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Haricot is getting a heated perch too. His toes are very excited to stay warm :)

HaleBoppPeachyluv
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
i need to get sunny a new cuddle toy, the one she has now is covered in gack.. it's dyed vegetable color beads & cotton rope (can this be washed?) and I'm gonna try to get her a nice snuggle hut. She's ignoring her pinata. I think a switcheroo of the cage setup is in order!

Elle
12-18-2009, 05:46 AM
My birds are getting the gift wrapping. Can you picture the shrill of excitement going through the spine if a little lovie hen at the site of all that nesting material... er... I mean paper?

Pips mom
12-18-2009, 06:59 AM
i need to get sunny a new cuddle toy, the one she has now is covered in gack..

I thought males were the only ones who did this kind of thing??

Mine get new things all the time, so giving them things at christmas just seems like the norm to me. I have to replace a nice wooden ladder soon as it's being chewed to shreds slowly. I'm making some new toys and maybe a popcorn party!

NickyBeth
12-18-2009, 08:09 AM
i need to get sunny a new cuddle toy, the one she has now is covered in gack. it's dyed vegetable color beads & cotton rope (can this be washed?) and I'm gonna try to get her a nice snuggle hut. She's ignoring her pinata. I think a switcheroo of the cage setup is in order!

I have washed wooden toys that were colored with vegetable coloring before, Problem is, the rope is gonna get stained. The vegetable coloring is going to bleed into the rope once it gets wet. Best way I have cleaned that stuff with minimal staining is with a hose and on full blast. It will also take a good day to dry in the sun.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
12-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I thought males were the only ones who did this kind of thing??

Actually, I'm pretty sure Sunny is a boy. She does the clicky dance, humps her toys and gacks all over that one toy... when she chews paper, all we get are little spitty balls & no tucking. No nest creations, no cage protectiveness, no "presenting", and so far, no eggies... But when we first got sunny, she had some similar behaviors to my mom's hen, so we started using the female pronoun & it stuck.

I have washed wooden toys that were colored with vegetable coloring before, Problem is, the rope is gonna get stained. The vegetable coloring is going to bleed into the rope once it gets wet. Best way I have cleaned that stuff with minimal staining is with a hose and on full blast. It will also take a good day to dry in the sun.

thanks for that advice!

bookworm0550
12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
joey got a birdie binky and a boing. i did show the birdie binky to him and he was scared of it. i got a bunch of shredding toys for evolet, hermes, and jada. pan will like the shredding toys as well. i might order more things though. i have a ton of toy parts so once i'm done w/ my final tomorrow, i'm gonna look at what things i can make. they could care less. i think all they want is time out of cage and time w/ me.

this is what a birdie binky is if you don't know: http://www.abirdtoy.com/birdie_binkies.htm

Birkah
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I am going to try to make birdy bread for Cipher for Christmas.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
12-19-2009, 03:15 AM
I so want to buy a boing for sunny, but i'm so upset about having to pay double what i would pay at any other store on the mainland. i should just get it anyway, it's not hard to spend that much otherwise.

thebubbleking
12-19-2009, 03:31 AM
lol 20 bucks worth of avi cakes berris and new toys oh and a water feature foutain to play in!

Buy A Paper Doll
12-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Seed sticks.

dieflying
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
I so want to buy a boing for sunny, but i'm so upset about having to pay double what i would pay at any other store on the mainland. i should just get it anyway, it's not hard to spend that much otherwise.

i'm just curious, would it be cheaper to have someone on the mainland get one and ship it themselves?

LauraO
12-19-2009, 05:41 PM
My birdies are getting a birdy sun room and brand new cages:happy::happy:. The new cages are bigger and have removeable grates on the bottom of the cages. So I can clean the trays and grates without having to take the whole cage outside. With 14 lovie cages, that can be a hassle........Now that I think about it, I realize I am the one actually getting new cages for Christmas:whistle::whistle:.

Here's a link to the new cages.

http://qualitycage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_76_77&products_id=72

shinbatsu
12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Sunny is a boy. She does the clicky dance, humps her toys and gacks all over that one toy...

I have never heard someone use the word "gack" for that function. Very Creative.

michael
12-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I am going to try to make birdy bread for Cipher for Christmas.

My birdies are getting a birdy sun room and brand new cages:happy::happy:. The new cages are bigger and have removeable grates on the bottom of the cages. So I can clean the trays and grates without having to take the whole cage outside. With 14 lovie cages, that can be a hassle........Now that I think about it, I realize I am the one actually getting new cages for Christmas:whistle::whistle:.

Here's a link to the new cages.

http://qualitycage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_76_77&products_id=72

I'm going make some birdybread too!.....:).....For Christmas.....:wink:.....Christmas birdybread......As a gift.....>o......Ok, so its not really a gift, and besides, I bake it every week or so anyways.

Hey Laura!....I seen those cages at Pet Paradise held residence by a couple cute Guinea pigs. With the exception of their short stand (at least the ones I seen) they offer loads of horizontal space. Great for lovies!

Darnit!.....:(......I knew I should have stayed away from this thread! ..... Now I have to go out and find some real gifts.......>:........This threads for the birds!

Pips mom
12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
I actually came across something online that I'm going to get, but it will be after christmas. This is a great idea and a good deal too, so I thought I'd share. Here is where I got the idea in the first place....
http://www.cheepparrottoysntips.com/atoms2.html
So I came across this lady on craigslist who makes hula hoops......
http://albany.craigslist.org/for/1518636104.html
I asked her if she can make smaller ones and not only can she make smaller ones, she will also connect them for me into a sphere with three smaller hula hoops. She's charging me 36 dollars for one of these already put together, which is a good price.....only thing is that's plain and not decorated because you have to wrap it with something anyway to make it easy to climb on. Anyway, she ships also, but it's extra for shipping, I think around 8 dollars. I'll be able to get mine though because her family owns a pet store close to where my family lives in NY state, so they can pick it up for me.

michael
12-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I actually came across something online that I'm going to get, but it will be after christmas. This is a great idea and a good deal too, so I thought I'd share. Here is where I got the idea in the first place....http://www.cheepparrottoysntips.com/atoms2.html

So I came across this lady on craigslist who makes hula hoops......
http://albany.craigslist.org/for/1518636104.html
I asked her if she can make smaller ones and not only can she make smaller ones, she will also connect them for me into a sphere with three smaller hula hoops. She's charging me 36 dollars.........

Hmmmm. Not to be a grinch or anything, but seeing how her post suddenly disappeared, I would certainly double check her credentials. Is she an X-elf by chance?

Pips mom
12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
It's still there......I see it, here is a copy of it....

Date: 2009-12-20, 3:07PM EST
Reply to: sale-hq9m8-1518636104@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make hoops of all sizes and colors. Sparkly, glitter hoops to weighted exercise hoops.

All of my materials are made right here in the U.S.A.

I can make small hoops for ages 2+ to adults of any size.

I have a lot in stock to choose from. All of last years 40" hoops are $20 and my baby hoops are $15 and any custom colored new hoop is $25.00
These hoops are virtually unbreakable and you will have it forever AND make AMAZING unique holiday gifts

Here is the link to my online store sugarmagnoliaw.etsy.com

Enko_chan
12-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Freyja and Odinn got a new LARGE planet pleasures shred pinata- they require a large for it to be worth the money at all. They shred the lovie-size shred toys to smithereens in less than an afternoon. With the large ones, they have months of work to do, and its so fun to watch them hang upside-down on it together, shredding away. They also got a small kokocruncher & a large sealed cookie jar filled with millet.

Benny got a mini pinata and a mini kokocruncher- and a new cage. Same shape as the old one, with a size upgrade. He needs room to fly.

Kokoro got a new large shred pinata, a new wooden ladder since he loves to climb his but also loves to chew the rungs off, and 2 bags of nutriberries, his treat of choice.