PDA

View Full Version : African Grey stolen from the same area I live in :(

Gill
12-22-2009, 02:34 AM
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4812858.Who_stole_Sky__the_parrot_with_a_potty_mou th_/

I hope you can see this, poor thing, this is where I live, in Shirley.

I hope they find him :(

Gill
12-22-2009, 02:36 AM
p.s dont bother reading some of the comments, there are a few sad sad people that spend every single day making nasty comments on pretty much every single story on this website. Its geat when the people involved with the actual story come on and put them straight though!

StormyMom
12-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I feel their pain :( One of my dogs was locked in my bedroom..luckily no harm was done to her. But she wouldnt leave my side for a very long time. I sure hope they find her :(

linda040899
12-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Bird theft is very common in the state where I live, which is why I don't mention where I live on the Internet. This is one of my biggest fears and I know I would be devestated if anything were to happen to any of my beloved flock. Birds are considered "property" here and many are never recovered once they are stolen.

Sad, so very sad! :very_sad:

michael
12-29-2009, 09:56 AM
How horrible.....:(......Especially since unlike certain state or parliamentary views that refer to pets as "property", most if not all of us here consider our pets "family". ... Hopefully, as it sounds Sky may very well have been the primary target, somehow authorities will use that theory in order to narrow down the main culprit/s. .. Hard to say, but the suspects could either be associated with the owner himself, or even the breeder/shop from which Sky originated. ... One things for certain, whoever ends up with Sky will have a long road ahead should they ever plan on cleaning up his vocabulary. .... Prayers for Sky's safe return.

bookworm0550
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
that is a sad story. hopefully they find sky. that's just horrible and the fact that they did that to the dog as well. i wonder if it was someone they knew...

Pips mom
12-29-2009, 01:54 PM
It's bad enough to take the bird, but what they did to the poor dog :very_sad: To wonder what kind of person has your bird and know they are capable of doing that to the dog has got to be hard to deal with. That has to be one sick person to be able to do this to an animal. That person belongs put away somewhere.

Gill
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Where I live is a very nasty area full of very nasty people so crime is everywhere! The police are useless here too so I really hope they find who did it and find Sky safe :)

LovelySydney
01-02-2010, 09:35 PM
That is so sad! I cant even imagine. I do worry about this all the time, that my birds will be taken away by somebody - I always lock my doors, even when letting my dogs out for 10 minutes. Its so scary what people are capable of, so scary and so sad. I hope that grey is found, I cant imagine the pain & fear the owner is feeling.

StormyMom
01-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Where I live is a very nasty area full of very nasty people so crime is everywhere! The police are useless here too so I really hope they find who did it and find Sky safe :)

Same here. The cop told me right off the bat if i didnt do anything about it, nothing would be done. I did the flyers, the news, anything i could think of. THEN, when someone "thought" they had my bird (Jaden) they never even showed up to assist me like they said they would!!! Completely useless.