PDA

View Full Version : Convection Toaster Oven

bbslovie
01-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi, does anyone know of any convection toaster ovens out there that don't have a nonstick interior? I've looked at the Breville, it's nonstick, then I looked at the Cuisinart. It listed it had an easy clean interior. When I went to the Cuisinart website I found in the product manual it was nonstick.:( Then I thought I'd found one in a Delonghi. The description said it was an enamel interior. I went to their website and it stated it was a Durastone enamel interior. I googled Durastone enamel and found out it's made from particles of Teflon.:omg: Argh! I'd prefer a convection toaster oven and digital would be ideal but I'll settle for just a toaster oven as long as it's safe for the birds. Any help would be appreciated!

Barb :)

linda040899
01-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Barb,
I have a very inexpensive Black & Decker Toaster Oven that has an aluminum interior. Purchase was made at Walmart and cost was less than $30.00. I use it probably every day and I've never had a problem with it.

What I found is the more expensive the ovens get, the more likely they are to be coated with something. I wanted just a basic unit that would toast, broil or bake and the one I have will do all 3 so what more could I ask for! :)

FuzzyAga
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Linda's recommendation is probably the best. I use a different one, but I placed it in the garage and that's where I use it; inconvenient, but it works for me. I had a DeLonghi for a long time, over 13-years, at least. It's stored on a shelf in the garage because it never died, just got too cruddy to use. Still works. In the past, periodically, I would spend the morning cleaning it, but these little ovens are hard to clean! Well, that's what I told myself. :)

Also, I was watching one of the home shopping shows and the person representing a toaster oven company said that a convection oven would make sense in a regular large oven, but for small toaster ovens, it's not a necessary feature, which made sense to me.

linda040899
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Mine is definitely in the kitchen and I have a couple of bird cages not all that far away. I use it to toast and broil so if it were non-stick coated, I would have known about it by now. As these little appliances get more popular, it's getting much harder to find just basic ones....