PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

CompassionAk
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the forums for being such a friendly,helpful,supportive group of people!I've learned so much from everyone here and I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate you all.:grouphug:

thebubbleking
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I agree! Oh and anyone with facebook feel free to add me!

Pips mom
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I also appreciate everyone here.....I've never seen another forum with people who are as kind and caring as here! I'll add you to my facebook Jeremiah! :D

wilkiecoco
01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I agree! Oh and anyone with facebook feel free to add me!

what should I look for on Facebook - Jeremiah.......?????????:whistle:

wilkiecoco
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I ditto all the above!!!! :)

thebubbleking
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Lol jeremiah iverson i'm the one with the birds on his head! lol

bookworm0550
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
i like this forum. i've joined other forums only to stop going there cuz people are so rude even over misspellings and other little things, like if a person isn't an english speaker so what they write is a bit fuzzy. i won't name which forum it is, but anyway, i like everyone on here as well.

CompassionAk
01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
LOL I think I've been to that forum and I don't frequent it often because the aptmosphere is so sour,it's like a contest on who can be the Queen B or something.:rofl:It is a little funny to see how some people get so worked up over a typo here and there.I know I typo alot, but oh well I get migranes frequently and alot of times it's hard to focus and I end up with alot of typos.

bookworm0550
01-05-2010, 01:30 AM
LOL I think I've been to that forum and I don't frequent it often because the aptmosphere is so sour,it's like a contest on who can be the Queen B or something.:rofl:It is a little funny to see how some people get so worked up over a typo here and there.I know I typo alot, but oh well I get migranes frequently and alot of times it's hard to focus and I end up with alot of typos.

funny how you know which one i'm talking about. i finally left after some folks ganged up a newbie who didn't know how to start threads. and then they yelled at her some more after she defended herself. i thought, "you know what, this is it!!" i did log on yesterday to take off my pictures and info. and that is the end of that forum for me.

bookworm0550
01-05-2010, 01:35 AM
though i really liked the perch too until it went down. i was one of those that got scammed by the perch store :( sad. ohmygosh, feel free to add me as a facebook friend too!!! Thou Yang (has a picture of Milo sleeping). just mention that you're from here otherwise i'll probably just ignore you.

linda040899
01-05-2010, 08:29 AM
The banner on my main site reads "Where Lovebirds send their owners to learn!" I take that very seriously, as that's the purpose of this community. I enjoy having fun just as much as the next person, but not at someone else's expense! Leadership comes from the top and goes down. We are all human and all of us, including me, have made mistakes. Lessons are expensive, there's no doubt about that, but learn from each other so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

As for spelling/grammar, this community has many members whose first language is NOT English. I have no problems with that as long as everyone can communicate and be helpful. :)

I'm glad to have all of you here! :happy:

CompassionAk
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh wow is that why The Perch is no longer up?What exactly happened that you got scammed?I only recently had found that site and only visited a few times before it was gone.

BarbieH
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Grammar Nazis suck. ;) I'm an editor professionally, and without poor spelling and grammar I wouldn't have a job!

Pips mom
01-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Grammar Nazis suck. ;) I'm an editor professionally, and without poor spelling and grammar I wouldn't have a job!

Ohhhh, I love how you guys always manage to look at the bright side of things!!! :D

bookworm0550
01-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh wow is that why The Perch is no longer up?What exactly happened that you got scammed?I only recently had found that site and only visited a few times before it was gone.

let me take it back, there was no scam. it was just really bad business. the guy who owned the perch also ran a store. he never sent me my items nor everyone else who had ordered from july 09 or around that time. i've ordered stuff from him before and things were always fine. but then i realized after a month and a half that my stuff never came in. i emailed him, nothing. i called, nothing. turns out, a lot of people were angry and they posted about that in the forum. i was only out 25 bucks though i had to spend more money elsewhere. someone had spent about a grand on a cage and never received that.

he came onto the forum talking about how he'll refund everyone and do something to make us all happy, but he never went through w/ that. he just took our money and basically ran off w/ it. people were upset and things were getting out of hands so the moderators closed it down.

CompassionAk
01-06-2010, 03:01 PM
WOW that's crazy :omg: I'm glad I didn't order from him because I can think of some not so choice words that would come out of my mouth...did anyone ever get the BBB involved?