PDA

View Full Version : GRrrr

CompassionAk
01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
People make me so mad sometimes!!So I got a couple new cages from the woman I got Boo and Annie from,she no longer breeds lovebirds and was making some space and so I lucked out and got 2 nice cages with grates that are a little bigger and in better shape then what I had.Anyways so I put an ad up in the paper so I could get rid of my two old cages free and I've recieved two calls so far,the first call was from a guy who has a bunch of doves and the second guy wanted a cage for his cockatoo......I put the size of the cage down in my ad so it's not like they don't know the size.I'm just disgusted people don't take better care of their animals:(

linda040899
01-14-2010, 08:06 AM
From some of what I've seen on Craig's List, I wonder if this individual wants the cage for a Too or if it's going to be sold once you give it to him for free. Yes, people infuriate me, as well, especially those who are just looking to make a quick buck from anyone who's willing to give anything away at no cost. :( :( >:

Pips mom
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I would never give cages away on craigslist. First I would check around with people I know to see if I could find anyone who needed them. I know of a bird rescue too that's kinda far, but in my state, maybe see if anyone was willing to come get them from there and donate them to birds in need. Lastly.....if I couldn't find anyone to take them, I would sell them very cheap at the bird expo that I go to here once a year. That's what I did with my old cages I had lying around that were still in good shape but I wasn't using. Alot of people on craigslist will just take the cages and re-sell them. I'd tell those people who called....sorry, these cages are for smaller birds!and hang up!

linda040899
01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I went back and read Angie's message again and it sounds like she ran an ad in a paper. However, I would guess that there are enterprising people that still read the classifieds in actual print so nothing surprises me anymore!

shinbatsu
01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm willing to bet the guy with the C2 was going to resell the cage.

If you think people cram their birds into small cages, you would have had fun at the pet store down town I was in last week.

It had a tiny what looked like 10" X 12" X 10" cage and said

"perfect for up to two parakeets"

I was like what the heck are they smoking??? You can barely fit the two plastic dowels and tiny food cups in there. Morons.

The recommended "lovebird" cage was no better. Looked just a tad bit bigger than the keet cage. A flighted lovebird would have to be dead center in the cage to even stretch it's wings at all.

anyway, back on topic, be glad you got free cages. Here in hawaii, I have seen people ask money for rusted, tiny, poor condition cages. It's a big joke.

CompassionAk
01-14-2010, 01:46 PM
That's a good idea about rescues,we don't have any here in Juneau tho except for the Humane Society but I'll give them a call and see if they need anything.Oh I hung up on the guy who wanted the cage for his cockatoo lol....just because I want the cages gone doesn't mean I won't make sure they are going somewhere needed,I'm requiring pictures of their birds and them before they can take the cage away.Juneau is small and while we still get people who like to take advantage of others kindness it's not a very common thing here.

Chickobee
01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Boy do I hear you!

We answered an ad for a cage once that turned out to be really rusty and appeared to have never been cleaned. No wonder his cockatiel died! He was also going to include the filthy chewed up wooden perches and horrid toys "for free".

I told him I wasn't interested and he was actually offended!

We also found a few really excellent used cages that we still pressure washed and sanitized like crazy before bringing them into the house.

So, some people are very honest and have good stuff, and others will try to sell absolutely anything to make money.

Birkah
01-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Some guy down here has been trying to sell "homemade" bird cages out of this nasty-looking pressure-treated wood and scruffy old wire mesh on Craigslist. They look atrocious.

CompassionAk
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Some guy down here has been trying to sell "homemade" bird cages out of this nasty-looking pressure-treated wood and scruffy old wire mesh on Craigslist. They look atrocious.

I saw an ad like this up here as well,the cage has 5 sides of this cheap looking wood and the front is this questionable looking wire mesh and he want's more for each "flight cage" then a new HQ cage would cost.