PDA

View Full Version : I know this is stupid

bird-brain
01-17-2010, 07:34 PM
:happy: Of course this is completely normal bird behavior but My little Cabo took his first bath since he's been with us just now! Well his first unassisted bath. Climbed in his water dish and splashed water all over my tax documents!

I called my daughter to tell her, I am posting the event here. I am concerned I may be losing my mind. Why do I feel like my child just took their first steps or something?:confused: We bought new toys today and a cozy and he has been excited, moving from one toy to another and then plop! Bird soup. :rotfl

bookworm0550
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
haha, it's ok.. i always got excited everytime a new bird takes a bath. i get excited now when my parrotlet takes one too cuz it's so rare.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
bird baths are reportable occasions! probably because they look so darn cute doing it & are so stinky after! lol

My hubby has even videotaped a bath of sunny's. I'd post it here if he ever got around to loading it to youtube.

bird-brain
01-17-2010, 10:52 PM
That's funny cuz hubby was reaching to video as he was bathing. I stopped him because I did not want to scare Cabo out of his "tub". You are right, he looked ridiculous but I know that it means he's comfortable so I was too excited to care how stupid and awkward he was. He is such a baby here. :)

Jally
01-18-2010, 04:16 AM
I remember the first time Peanut took a bath. We were camping and when I looked over at him in his little carrier, I saw him thrashing around and getting soaked. I was so scared that he had gotten bit by a bug or something LOL

linda040899
01-18-2010, 04:56 AM
First baths are important events around here!! The wetter, the better!! Prized photos are soaked lovies, especially when every single feather is dripping wet!

Sounds like Cabo has realized that he's safe and that you mean him no harm. With that done, he's on his way to stealing/ruling your heart! :)

Pips mom
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I've always thought that watching a lovebird taking a bath is one of the cutest things there is! They just seem to love their bath so much and really get into it! I got a good video of Pip taking a bath which I have posted here before, but I'll put it again so you can see! It took me a while to be able to catch him bathing, but I was determined to get this on video one day, and the day came when I happened to be right there and have the camera nearby! I also have a great pic of Pip after a bath, standing all tall and tail spread, soaking wet!
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/kim1888/?action=view&current=100_1026.flv
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/kim1888/Picture037-1.jpg

bird-brain
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh wow those are fabulous!!!!! Pip uses a bird bath? I have heard it's hit and miss on whether a bird will or not. I'm wondering whether after a few more baths I should offer him something besides his water dish? His bath was rather funny, I guess he didn't feel he was getting wet enough splashing his water so he squeezed himself inside the dish and submerged himself up to his neck and just sat there. I dont think he quite has the nack of it just yet. LOL! Pip is adorable.

Lindades264
01-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Your enthusiasm makes my heart leap and brings back such wonderful memories. Thanks for making me smile today. Linda D

akira-shakira-the bruce
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
It's adorable, that's why! I wake up in the middle of the night and check on my babies to make sure they're warm enough and stuff. Being a fid momma is hard work :)

HaleBoppPeachyluv
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I use the same dish for water that Pips mom uses for pip's bath. I use 3 of them, 1 for water, one for seed, and one for veggies. The water one occasionally becomes soup, but i like it because if sunny ever gets too hot, she has the option for bathing.

most of the time she gets a bath in the sink with a little dish or on my hands... she alternates.... i'm always amused by how willing she is to stand--even momentarily--under running water. lol