PDA

View Full Version : only a week?

jimpierce
01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Hard to believe it has been only one week since Peaches got here. Her antics with Sophie are fun to watch and she really seems to be getting comfortable.
The first two days it was quite a chore getting her out of the cage. Then for a few days all I had to do was leave her door open and leave the room. Now all I have to do is open the door.
She steps up for me easily now and I no longer have to chase her around the room when it is time to go back in her cage. lol There is however no touchy feely yet.
She will periodically fly and land on my shoulder and stay there a bit now. Even had her and Cricket there at the same time!
I am starting to change her diet over to what I feed my guys. I put some mash/sprouts in her bowl and mix some of her pellet mix in with it. She is eating real good too. She even took a bath yesterday in her water bowl! I hope to get time to break out the build a toy bag I have and make a couple new toys for her this weekend.

Here is Sophie giving it her sexiest bit for Peaches. lol Funny, my boys are gay and the girls are lesbians. Except Zoey who is straight. But is into an inter species relationship. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMxLN7JnIO0

CompassionAk
01-23-2010, 01:50 AM
LOL I should send Pele for a visit.

jimpierce
01-23-2010, 01:52 AM
what's funny is I think both of them are looking for the same thing.

linda040899
01-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Jim,
It's comical to watch, as Sophie knows exactly what she wants and she's not shy about the display! :) Many of the larger parrots go into breeding mode at this time of the year but I'm not sure if it's quite time for Ekkies.

Enko_chan
01-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Great video. You have such amazingly gorgeous birds!

jimpierce
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Jim,
It's comical to watch, as Sophie knows exactly what she wants and she's not shy about the display! :) Many of the larger parrots go into breeding mode at this time of the year but I'm not sure if it's quite time for Ekkies.

yeah, this is usually one of the three months a year they AREN'T in breeding mode. lol

Pips mom
01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Awwww.....Sophie's in love! that is so cute! It's funny to watch because Ivy does a similar kind of display when she gets hormonal in the springtime....same sounds and everything, only Sophie sounds alot louder! Ivy does her kinda quiet! Ivy only does this in the spring for a few months of the year, then the rest of the time I never any signs of this behavior. Spring's coming fast though!

michael
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
what's funny is I think both of them are looking for the same thing.

Isn't that a shame.......:(.......Or is it?!......:rofl: .. Talk about a real show!

jimpierce
01-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Peaches leads Sophie around as well. Looks like she is trying to get Sophie into a nest. lol

jk1944
01-24-2010, 01:38 AM
A determined Sophie!, Jim! Lovely, lovely birds. :grouphug:

Eliza
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm so happy that Peaches is settling in so nicely, Jim and happier still that she found her way to you :D

wilkiecoco
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
what a great video - Sophie certainly isn't shy about showing her intentions. So glad to see that Peaches is part of the family!!!! :)