PDA

View Full Version : lil destroyer of wood!

Pips mom
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Pip really gets into chewing up wooden things. I am always seeing him chewing up the wooden ladder. That little beak can really tear that wood apart pretty good. Today I walked in and caught him chewing up the playgym, he was down on the bottom of it tearing away at it! When I brought in the camera, of course, he stopped, but you can see all the shredded wood on the floor! Notice also that at one point he responds back to Rudy's chirps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKeera9y25U

CompassionAk
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Looks like he'd give a beaver some serious competition!

Gill
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Bobble has pretty much eaten my full length mirror, she loves chewing wood. She chews the rungs (is that the word?) aswell on her ladder, she sat on my new wooden laundry basket today, its only a matter of time before she realises!

Enko_chan
02-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Freyja and Odinn are unbelievable. Especially when they're upset about something.

The day I left for Florida last spring, they shredded an entire 2 sq in block in the evening, 2 more the next day and a whole lot of wooden beads- Chris saved the pile of wood shreddings when he cleaned them out.

They enjoy shredding in general, and can put some away, but they destroyed the ladder in their house the last time I clipped their wings.