PDA

View Full Version : Happy Topic...love my coconut!

bird-brain
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
:) I've read so many sad posts today :very_sad: SO, on the bight side I went birdie toy shopping Friday! This is my new favorite pass-time. Anyway, I decided to get some of the larger toys because Cabo is so destructive when he plays and took a chance on one of those coconut toys that has the two halves strung together on thick rope with balsa wedges etc tied all over. Yo know standard parrot enrichment coconut thingy......He has been such an idiot over this toy. Sleeps in the upturned coconut like a nest, jumps in and out from every where (we had to explore the 500 possible ways to enter the coconut and the 600 possible ways to get out). Gets it swinging hard then shoots out of it into his cozy with a swish. Just hysterical. I have laughed at him until my stomach hurts. :rofl:

Birkah
02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
That is HILARIOUS!! I'm definitely going to have to make one for Cipher now!!

bird-brain
02-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Definitely do! I was iffy on buying it. I did have to move the knots down some once I realized he was going to crawl in it so that he has safe clearance and won't get hung up in it. I forgot to mention that he rolls around like he is bathing in it. I bet the rough shell is a good scratchy for him. I was contemplating trying to find a sand that is safe for him and put a little in there unless that is contra indicated for lovies (I see wild birds sand bathe all the time.) just to see what he would do. I put some paper shreds in it and he promptly removed all of them and was a little angry about it. :)

Enko_chan
02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Do you have a photo of this thing?

I think I know what you're talking about... but not positive... it sounds like Frey and Odie could definitely use one.