PDA

View Full Version : How do they see us?

Enko_chan
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Its been a long-standing question of mine, and one with many possible answers. How do our parrots perceive us?

I caught a peek of myself in the mirror after spending time with Kokoro yesterday, and noticed I had a feather stuck to my face. Koko had spent a lot of time preening me, especially my face- but there the feather remained.

So, afterward, I purposely stuck a few feathers on my face before hanging out with each bird...

and do you know, not one of my little preen machines removed a single feather?

Chris says they're excited my feathers are finally coming in, why else do they like pulling out hair so much?

Birkah
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
:rofl: That is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!

michael
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
This reminds me of a time (not quite bird related), where a certain young mischievous little daughter of ours somehow pasted a gaylike little star to my cheek before heading out for school bus stop patrol. ... I spent the entire day wondering what all the odd stares were about before finally realizing what she had done.......>:......Somehow I get the feeling our two cases might be related......:rolleyes:

michael
02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Now that I think about it, it may have actually been a "Gummybear" sticker......:evil:

Chickobee
02-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh this morning--both of you!