PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird search and rescue!

buddy
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
So I've( with the help of my wing man) become a bit of a lovebird sniffer dog lately, today tracking down and succsessfully catching my neighbours much loved fid. It all started last night when the neighbours informed us their fid a cobalt masked was missing, she's actually from the same breeder as my fids, I told him i'de keep an eye out as It was already dark.
So this morning I woke early an decided to get buddy the handraised favourite fid haha, and take him along as my wing man :) we walked around for awhile untill buddy started calling loudly... And there a few trees down was the little black masked we were looking for ( great work buddy!) with buddy's calling she eventually come down and I managed to grab her! My good deed for the day, I was so happy to take him back to his owners and they couldn't believe it.
This is the second time me and buddy have been succsessful at catching escapees, first time was a new pair I was quarantining...still don't know how they got out, lovebirds seems to be extra talented in the art of escaping! I just took him outside and all his racket gets them calling, the escapees never seem to have gone to far from their homes though, I've found even after a few days they've only been a few hundred metres away.
Escaped fids:

Me and buddy: 3

Chickobee
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
This is amazing. Way to go Buddy!!!

Buddy the Rescue Bird!!! :clap:clap:clap

bird-brain
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
That's a great tale! I have this image of Buddy with a tiny barrel arond his neck like the St. Bernards used wear when they were used for rescues in the snow. hehe