PDA

View Full Version : Jack has....attitude?

lovebirdjack
02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey all

Hope your all going well.

Jack seems to have developed an attitude. If I can't have what I want when i want it YOUR going to suffer!!! Evil Laughs!:evil:

Apparently today he really wanted out of his cage. I've been letting him have pretty much free roam of the dining room table rug all day and most days. But today I was quite busy with getting kids off to school getting off to work myself and then home and off to football practice.

Well he decided that he would up turn his seed dish! Freshly cleaned cage, freshly filled seed dish and now it's everywhere!

What's a bird Mum to do???
:rofl:

linda040899
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Like a good lovie slave, you put everything back the way it was before Jack figured out how to turn over the food dish! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a serious note, you may want to look around for the kind of cup that secures with a wing nut to the side of the cage and can't be flipped. My guys do this all the time just because they can!

momo
02-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Oh the food tip protest... Elmo used to do this ALL the time..

There was a time where I had to get those ceramic dog bowls and put her food in that so she couldnt tip it. She was so determined she would tip any birdy food bowl i would put in there.. clips or no clips.

You wait til he learns how to nip.. ahh how I don't miss the hormonal stage with Elmo.

Pips mom
02-15-2010, 09:04 AM
If there's one thing lovies love to do is knock dishes down! Pip used to go around the outside of the cockatiel's cage and lift up their dishes from the outside and unattach them so they would fall to the floor.....seed all over! I had to buy new dishes for them that lock on because of Pip! Rudy has a dish that he loves to knock down too, but I only use it to put his millet in, so he can have fun knocking it down all he wants! Then of course, the plates of fresh food Pip was pushing them off the top of the cages, where they'd fall a good 5 feet to the floor....good thing they're unbreakable! I had to buy that really sticky two sided stuff to put on the bottom of the plates to keep him from knocking them down! Yes, I believe this is a favorite game for lovebirds!

Flapjack
02-15-2010, 02:11 PM
My guys never really knocked their bowls over, but did like to get in them and "swim" the food everywhere.

I solved the problem by getting some of those "Clean Cup" feeders. They're colored on the bottom half (green or blue) and have a clear hood. They lock on, but very easy/on off with a quick turn.

I love them!

HaleBoppPeachyluv
02-15-2010, 03:37 PM
^^ we did that with my mom's Hina... she wouldn't tip her cups, but would sit in them & fling her pellets EVERYWHERE. After we got a smaller one with the hood, she would just eat her pellets neatly & go shred more of whatever she could get her beak on.

lovebirdjack
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow the "food tip protest" Hmmmm this is SO new to me!

Thanks guys... I think! LOL